Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: My roaming didn't work in Finland

[ Edited ]
Explorer

The chat guys did not recommend changing the APN ! 

Legend
Nothing like that, it maybe down to an accounts issue as finland has opted out of eu roaming for data(I think)
https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/free_eu_roaming_begins__but_not_for_most_finnish_mobile_customers...
But the year is up now.

Maybe changing apn might work

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Community Manager

@DM66 We had two customers yesterday having the same experience in Finland until they changed to DNA and the data started working. Can you drop me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth so I can check the roaming set up on your account? I'll come back to you here Smiley Happy

Explorer

ok sent rachael 

I am sure roaming is working fine as I am back in estonia now and working again fine and I never had a problem before. But I will be returning to finland again and it was a big issue for me; and I am also worried somthing fishy is goining vis vis a security issue. 

I also manually tried all three networks with no success on my iphone x or 5s. I did not try an andriod phone.

3 Community Manager

Thanks @DM66 I've made a slight change in the background which I think will sort this for you in Finland. When you do return, manually select DNA only and see how you go. Keep me in the loop here Smiley Happy

Explorer

Ok great will do! Out of pure curiosity will you explain what you did and what the issue is. Im very intrigued Smiley Wink 

Explorer

PM if you wish but feel free to post to help other people who might find themselves in the same situation, it was such a problem getting around especially when i arrived 

[ Edited ]
3 Community Manager

I'm happy to update here @DM66 It was just a simple cancel and refresh on your roaming profile. I cancelled full roaming and then opened it up to full again. This is the same thing that I did for the other customers in Finland and they were sorted. Hopefully it does the same for you Smiley Happy 

Explorer

interesting 

ok great! thanks! 

everyone else pay attention! 

Scout

Hi there! Currently having the same issue here in Finland, tried changing APN, have disabled 4g and reset etc. Have manually tried out all available networks too, any suggestions which could help would be great!

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>