Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

My roaming didn't work in Finland

Navigator

Hi guys,

I was in Finland for a week and my roaming did not work for the entirety of that week.
Texting and phone calls were active and working for the first few days but data did not exist. The last few days of my trip all three abilities were not functioning.

My plan is 3 Mini Flex Max so I should have 1 GB of data to use while roaming in the EU.
Within my "Internet access settings", I have it set to "Ireland and abroad" (since April I've been told).
I checked the Three Finnish partners through the Three website and attempted both the providers (my phone was default connecting to DNA regardless).

I contacted Three via support webchat. I wasn't given any new avenues to attempt which I hadn't tried myself already.

Can someone please tell me why I had no data when roaming, and subsequently no texts/calls/data for the last few days in Finland? My bill is €30 a month and should include roaming however I am not receiving the full service for one reason or another - if I knew this would've been the case, I would've opted out of the contract when Three increased my bill.

Thanks,

John

Chosen Solution

Re: My roaming didn't work in Finland

Thanks for that, I've made some changes on your account here in regards roaming so you shouldn't have any issues going forward. You had been set up for roaming and should have been able to connect but I've updated this again for you.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Hi John, could you send me on your full name,number, address and date of birth in a private message and I'll check this out for you?

Thanks for that, I've made some changes on your account here in regards roaming so you shouldn't have any issues going forward. You had been set up for roaming and should have been able to connect but I've updated this again for you.

Navigator

Thanks, Stephen. Is there any reason why it didn't work originally?
I won't be able to test it out for another couple of months so I'm wondering if there's any sort of pre-test that can be done to ensure it is actually working?

3 Staff

Once you are set up to roam from our side, there shouldn't be any issues connecting to a roaming network. If you ever experience difficulties in the future, please restart your phone and manually select the network. This will get you connected to a network. 

NSS
Hi, I'm having exactly this problem just now. Data roaming has worked in UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Denmark and Sweden but not here in Finland.
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Staff

Hi NSS, can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth, please? I'll make sure that you are all set up to roam in Finland. 

I am currently on a holiday in Finland and I am having the same issue regarding data roaming. It has worked fine in other countries. I am on the €20 PAYG option
Posted From Lenovo A916

Legend
Turn off 4g. What networks can you connect to?

[ Edited ]
Legend

Hmm it might have something due to I think sonera is now telia

http://www.teliacompany.com/en/news/press-releases/2017/3/sonera-becomes-telia/

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>