Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: My roaming didn't work in Finland

Hi @jasonfriel I contacted our roaming team and they can see that data is being used on the Elisa network. Can you disable 4G and do a manual search for Elisa, connect and change your APN to 3Internet. Give that a go and let me know if it works. Ashlee 

Explorer

Hi in Finland for a week - no data at all on any network tried everything including putting sim into an older iPhone i had with me (iPhone user) roaming was working last week in estonia and i never had an issue. caused many problems not least finding my way upon arrival. I will be coming back here for a month soon and would love a solution or to have this issue addressed as it may be widespread with irish users. every other ex path i talked to their roaming worked perfect including three uk customers.

Legend
Three uk is a totally separately ran company to three ireland.
Were you an old O2 customer?

Legend
Did you try your sim in a phone besides an iphone?

3 Community Manager

@DM66 I'm sorry to hear that. Can you let me know what plan you're on and if your calls and texts are working? 

Explorer

Hi I dont know the plan name off hand but it is 50 euro a month. texts were not working on one network but did after changing. I am not sure if calls work or not i have a feeling they did but when i called i did get a message response and didn't get through. 

three should really get to the bottom of it. I am just in estonia right now and even thing is perfect. one thing i was thinking about is that i have cookies disallowed on safari but doubt that could be the cause 

Legend
No, its an issue with the apn.
When you get back to Finland I will get you try other ones

Explorer

ok thanks! i the three chat did not know anything about this maybe you should update them. is this a common problem, just in finland ? 

thanks best 

Highlighted

Legend
They are aware of the issue, but i guess it only effects a few users

[ Edited ]
Explorer

only a few users, ok do you think it could be some kind of security issue? some type of interception issue etc ?

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon