Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: My roaming didn't work in Finland

Maestro

Hi @imseyoo, can you PM us your number, name, address and DOB? I'll check this out. 

Navigator
Same issue; PAYG data/internet not working in Finland. Does not matter which provider I select. Data roaming turned on...
What options do I have?

Legend
Turn off 4g and see if that helps.
Do you have iphone?

Navigator
Same thing happening. Just arrived in Finland today and no roaming, left Norway few hours ago and roaming worked fine.

Legend
Turn off 4g and restart phone

Navigator
billbond4, it is the data roaming i am having problems with and based on previous comments, the three emoployee has to enable something on my account for data roaming to work in finland. I tried everything else already

Navigator
Three have confirmed they do not have agreement with any carriers in Finland therefore no data allowed

[ Edited ]
Navigator

So how come according to this thread few people got this issue resolved? Who is speaking the truth here?

What part of Finland are you in BTW?

Legend

The person only didnt to test that Data was working in Finland, It looks like calls and texts are ok, but data doesnt work in Finland alright

Navigator
Hey guys, original thread poster here.
Just FYI on my situation:
- 2016 summer, when I'd travel abroad (home was Dublin Ireland) to London I'd buy the €3 add-on for roaming which worked perfectly for me.
- when I went to cancel the add-on a few months later I had to do so through the online help
- I bought the add-on again near the end of 2016 when revisiting London and also Edinburgh however my phone was not connecting to any network and so I was not able to uae calls/texts/data
- I complained to Three but they said I should be able to use my phone abroad and suggested trying the same solutions that I already tried (turn off, turn on, manually connect to different networks, I even went to Three stores in the two cities but they obviously had nothing to do with Three Ireland).
- after returning from the short weekend trips abroad, I soon forgot about it and gave up. Then in 2017 Three Ireland changed the contracts of bill-paying users and roaming was now inclusive of the bill
- I visited Helsinki Finland in 2017 summer with my new bill which should have included roaming. As I explained in my original post, texts and calls were working for the first few days while data never worked. Texts and calls ability disappeared after a few days. I was with Irish friends in Finland who were with Three Ireland and had experienced similar problems. I then created this thread.
- a Three staff member took my details but nothing was fixed in time for my Finland stay
- when I got home I once again got into contact with online help and another Three employee stated that they reactivated my roaming abilities (basically sounded like turning off turning on). A subsequent return to London a couple of months later showed that my roaming resumed to work. I also visited Spain and am currently in Germany and roaming has worked in both countries.
- I haven't been back to Finland since to check if my roaming works there
- I was told that I myself requested for my roaming to be deactivated when I asked for my add-on to be cancelled but it sounds like Three entirely deactivated my roaming which affected my contract change and I was left without a service. Looks like major miscommunication on Three's part screwed me over for over half a year.
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>