Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mobile data problems

Hi there,

It's my first post, hope I'll do it in a right place.

So... I have a billpay, and I can't stand my mobile data. I know that I won't get 4g and top speed all the time, but I have about 4-5MB/s 90% of the time, 35-55-10 between 4g-3g-EDGE. The worst part is when it jumps to edge, because everything stops then, like there is no connection. I have Galaxy s8+ so I know that my phone is able to connect to 4g, and I checked your coverage website, I'm totally covered. If you need this, I live in Waterford.

I uploaded screenshots from speedtests I've done, maybe they will be helpful.

Do you have any tips for me how to increase my mobile data speed?

11224433Thanks

Posted From Android 2.0
Highlighted

Re: Mobile data problems

3 Moderator

Hi Piekarzewski144 👋 How often would your signal jump to edge and have you tried manually selecting a network? Can you PM me your full address in Waterford so I can take a closer look into this for you? 

Hi,

I've tried everything, including selecting manually. Nothing worked. Connection was jumping 3-4 times every hour during the day, during the night "only" 2-3 times.

Currently I'm using third party app to force my phone to connect only via 4g/3g, but sometimes it's not perfect, sometimes stuff is not sending/receiving although it's showing that I have connection.

I sent you my address, but as I said, by your website everything should be okay in coverage.

3 Moderator

Hi there, I've checked this out for you and got back to your PM 👍

Scout

I'm a newb sorry if this is wrong place to post. No coverage for mobile phone broadband in rural meath. We used to get decent speeds, but it's been worsening. Desperately want to leave 3 as Meteor/Eir works really well here. Can anyone help?

3 Moderator

Hi cal1 👋 Can you PM me your full address so I can take a closer look into this for you? Do you know if other customers in this area are also experiencing this and when this this begin? 

[ Edited ]
Scout

**** ****** ***** *****.  Don't know about any other customers.
Thanks for being so prompt. Shop was unhelpful and told me to ring customer
care; I've been on hold with customer care for 45 mins and have just hung
up. Story of three!

3 Moderator

I removed your address as it was posted publicly. I can't see anything in your area that would be affecting your signal. Is this just happening inside your home? Can you PM me your full name, number and date of birth so I can access your account and take a closer look into this for you? You can send me a PM by clicking the link under my message. 

I've got PM with information that tech team is doing something in my area and that's the reason why my connection is so slow... But it was about 2-3 weeks ago and during this time connection was okay during the night. Now, by the speed test I have 350+ ping, something like 1.2MB/s download and about 0.3/MB/s upload. How long it will take to fix your problems? I'm thinking about changing my operator because there is like 0 improvement
Posted From Android 2.0

3 Moderator

Hi @Piekarzewski144. can you PM the address that this is happening to you and I'll check this out for you now?

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>