Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mobile broadband router -Excessive usage. Why?

Legend

I have a feeling you might have been unlucky and had a windows update done on your laptop and possibly a few backups taking place in background.

For your laptop it might be no harm in setting your home wifi network as a metered network to reduce data use.

Navigator
Thanks very much for that. I hadn't even realised that was possible!

Navigator

I just wanted to update you on my data usage, after trying all the good suggestions I got here.  After waiting for the monthly allowance to renew, I've been watching it vigilantly every day.  We seem to be using about half the amount now, so around 10GB a day (sometimes a bit more, sometimes less.)  It's still a bit higher than I'd like for only 4 people in the house and no console connected, but it's definitely better than it was.  No spikes of 24GB in a day!  

One interesting thing - after changing our router password (again!) I decided to change

the name of the router too and called it "This is not your wifi!"  Two nights later I discovered someone nearby had changed theirs to an expletive.  A response?  Perhaps.....

3 Moderator

Hey @Margaret 👋 It's great to hear your data usage is now under control and you can keep track of this. That most definitely seems like a response, if not a very nice one! 😆 Mairéad

I have a similar issue, three's responses are trying to wear me down. They dont Know me very well

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon