Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Mobile Broadband 4G Dongle

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm currently using a Huawei E180 3G dongle on Broadband Pro 60GB and I was wondering when 3 are going to introduce a 4G dongle for the irish market. I noticed that the UK has a 4G dongle but Ireland doesn't. I'm very keen to know why this is the case.

Thanks!

Chosen Solution

Re: Mobile Broadband 4G Dongle

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for you help, I'm going to hold off a bit longer before I get a 4G dongle.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Three Ireland actually do have a 4G modem. The name of the modem is 

Huawei E5573

I would like to also welcome you to the forum. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Link to modem is HERE

*4G coverage in only available in 4G areas.

Anonymous

Hi David,

Firstly, thank you for welcoming me to the forums. My current 3G dongle is a USB one, and I use it between my desktop pc and my laptop. My desktop doesn't have wifi, so it's better for me to try and get a 4G Broadband dongle like the one I've listed below.

ZTE MF823 4G Dongle

Link to modem is HERE

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous, there are two broadband devices that are 4G capable at the moment, the Huawei E5573 and the Huawei B593s. Both of those work on WiFi though so I'm afraid that won't meet your needs.

I'll check with the devices team for any 4G modems coming down the line and will post up if I get any news.

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

If your PC doesnt support wifi you can buy a wireless adapter, which would essentially pop wifi on your PC when installed, like the one on the link below.

AC1200 - Argos

Of course their would be cheaper ones too. My friend uses TP link and he purchased his for 14.99

Anonymous

Thanks @Three_Sheena and @Anonymous for your help. I'll probably continue to wait for a 4G Broadband dongle instead of going with some of the other products available. Today, I've started using a 3G Broadband antenna I had lying around which plugs into the side of the USB stick and it's greatly increased my download speeds up to 700kbps, which is probably the best speed I've ever gotten out of it, so I'm happy for the moment.

For @Three_Sheena, if I was to buy a huawei 4G dongle on amazon, could I use it on the three newtork, as it's the same make as my current one?

If you get it on Amazon UK then it should work here, but make sure it uses either 1800MHz or 800MHz for 4G, and 2100MHz for 3G.

Any other frequency bands would not be compatible with our network you see.

If you're unsure, post a link up to the modem here and we'll double check it for you.

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

You sure can, just be sure to order a European version of a 4G Modem and it of course needs to be SIM Free!

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Just wondering if your issue has been resolved?

Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for you help, I'm going to hold off a bit longer before I get a 4G dongle.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>