Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mobile 4G Extremely Slow

Legend

Three do provide 4G but they cant give the high download speeds due to incomplete infrastructure

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

@Three_BobNot particularly, before work, during lunch and into the evening after work. Snail pace. 

The decline in service was gradual at first and I just assumed it might be random spikes when I use it but now it's permanent.

Anytime I check my phone since the last 2 weeks, downloads, site loading etc takes way to long. As you can see by the examples above.. trying to do high volume data useage is pretty much impossible... so when I contact support to follow up from when they asked me to do that.. they just keep saying i need more useage and can't seem to get into their heads that I can't get more because it's so slow.

@Anonymous, do you have the data roaming switched on? 

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

@Three_Brogan No, I have it turned off always.

Just to add, I start downloading a movie from Google play @ 1.130.. it was just @ 4% and the message of 'you need a network connection to continue download' pops up again ..then a few mins later it starts downloading again.

What type of phone are you using at the minute? 

Anonymous

@Three_Brogan

The phones I've tested it on previously are in the first line of my first post and further into it i stated that my full time device is the One Plus 2.

3 Staff

I'd like to take a closer look at this for you in terms of the previous checks carried out by our tech team. I've just sent you a PM now, can you respond with your account details when you get a chance? 

Highlighted

Anonymous

@Three_FionaSo I spoke to someone today on the phone who reviewed my case and went through everything with me again. 

She checked the masts in my area and that seemed fine, opened a ticket and later on today I got a text to say contact the chat team regarding this.

This is what I'm told in the chat just now...

Rahul Rai: 
The technical team has investigate the coverage problem in your area and found absolutely fine.
Please experience the service for 3/5 days how it works and contact us back.
As per the notes there is an good coverage and the technical team has investigated your usages as well.
Paul just use more day how it work with the new SIM and contact us.
There will more difference as there could be problem with your SIM which is why you are unable to use your data.
I asked him what he was referring to when he mentioned new sim and how a the sim im using which came from a 3 store might be the problem and he just comes back with..
Paul, please do as I have assumed there could be defect with the SIM, get a replacement Sim from the store and check the service how it works.

So an issue that start a few months back and has got increasingly worse to the point in the last 2 weeks I can barely use 4G. So the guy in chat tells me everything is fine just keep using it and see if it changes in 3-5 days. In other words go away for a week and come back.. maybe it'll magically fix itself. I don't mind troubleshooting but when I ask a question they can at least explain themselves. Pretty basic cs/tech support like. 

Anyway look, I've PM'd you my account info if you want to take a look your side also, feel free.

Anonymous
Still no change. I spoke to some friends and my sister who are also have similar issues with the speeds constantly.
Never seen such a plumate in service
Posted From OnePlus ONE A2003

Anonymous
After all that I get a text saying.. there is nothing wrong with your servixd, your case has been closed.
What a joke.. I've been. With 3 for years, time to move elsewhere if this is the level of service they can offer.
Posted From OnePlus ONE A2003
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>