Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Minimum prepay top up on 3

Navigator

My 2 tweenage kids have mobiles on Lycamobile as they allow a minimum top-up of a fiver and the call charges are quite good.

I frequently have problems sending texts so I would like to switch them both to 3 and retain their existing numbers as my wife and I both have post-pay accounts on 3 .

Does 3 also allow a minimum top-up of a fiver and is there a recommended package for kids ?

I only want them to be be able to make calls and text, no data allowance needed.

Chosen Solution

Re: Minimum prepay top up on 3

Okay so keeping the number, that's easy but the only plan available on prepay with Three is €20 top up for data and texts. If you top up by €5 then you activate nothing and get charged like 17c for a text and 38c for a call. It's hardly worth it. Might be better with another network 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Re: Minimum prepay top up on 3

Okay so keeping the number, that's easy but the only plan available on prepay with Three is €20 top up for data and texts. If you top up by €5 then you activate nothing and get charged like 17c for a text and 38c for a call. It's hardly worth it. Might be better with another network 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>