Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Minimum prepay top up on 3

Navigator

My 2 tweenage kids have mobiles on Lycamobile as they allow a minimum top-up of a fiver and the call charges are quite good.

I frequently have problems sending texts so I would like to switch them both to 3 and retain their existing numbers as my wife and I both have post-pay accounts on 3 .

Does 3 also allow a minimum top-up of a fiver and is there a recommended package for kids ?

I only want them to be be able to make calls and text, no data allowance needed.

Chosen Solution

Re: Minimum prepay top up on 3

Okay so keeping the number, that's easy but the only plan available on prepay with Three is €20 top up for data and texts. If you top up by €5 then you activate nothing and get charged like 17c for a text and 38c for a call. It's hardly worth it. Might be better with another network 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Re: Minimum prepay top up on 3

Okay so keeping the number, that's easy but the only plan available on prepay with Three is €20 top up for data and texts. If you top up by €5 then you activate nothing and get charged like 17c for a text and 38c for a call. It's hardly worth it. Might be better with another network 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon