Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Minimum prepay top up on 3

Navigator

My 2 tweenage kids have mobiles on Lycamobile as they allow a minimum top-up of a fiver and the call charges are quite good.

I frequently have problems sending texts so I would like to switch them both to 3 and retain their existing numbers as my wife and I both have post-pay accounts on 3 .

Does 3 also allow a minimum top-up of a fiver and is there a recommended package for kids ?

I only want them to be be able to make calls and text, no data allowance needed.

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Minimum prepay top up on 3

Okay so keeping the number, that's easy but the only plan available on prepay with Three is €20 top up for data and texts. If you top up by €5 then you activate nothing and get charged like 17c for a text and 38c for a call. It's hardly worth it. Might be better with another network 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Re: Minimum prepay top up on 3

Okay so keeping the number, that's easy but the only plan available on prepay with Three is €20 top up for data and texts. If you top up by €5 then you activate nothing and get charged like 17c for a text and 38c for a call. It's hardly worth it. Might be better with another network 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

In the interest of ensuring the health & safety of our employees, our contact support centres are open, however we currently have limited resources. This may cause higher than normal wait times.

Under the advice of the government, our stores remain open. We have enhanced cleaning in place and are strongly enforcing social distancing which we encourage our customers to respect. We have also reduced the opening hours in all our stores

Self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.

For more tips & information, please click here.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.