Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Italy roaming

Lookout

Hi,

i was in Italy twice this year so far for work and I was unable to send texts or use data. I was connected to 3ITA automatically but while I had good signal, it never worked. I tried all of the usual solutions but none worked. The only thing that did work was connecting to Wind manually. Even at that the connection wasn’t great and only barely useable.

Can you offer any Harlow as I’m returning to Italy next week and don’t want to have this issue again.

Thank you.

Re: Italy roaming

Maestro
@Con71 I don't think 3 can guarantee the network that you're using will work, if it's having problems. Roaming network is working it's just not great but could be down to infrastructure in the area. It would be an issue for 3 if you couldn't connect but I don't think it is if you can connect but the quality is poor.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
Just to be clear @Mac_n_cheese, my colleague is with 3 and connected just fine and had 3G. The only difference was that he has an iPhone 7plus while I have an iPhone 7. I can connect to 3ITA and have reasonable signal strength but can not send text or use data.
Highlighted

Maestro
@Con71 oh sorry okay, does his sim work in your phone? Not familiar with iPhones so I don't know but if they do, did you try it out to see if it had something to do with the phone or sim?

Lookout
I didn’t actually. Not something I can easily check now though as we are on separate projects.
I’m still of the opinion that the issue is on 3’s side though. There are a lot of posts relating to it with some very hit and miss solutions.
Thanks for your suggestion though. If I have the opportunity I’ll try it but it looks like I won’t have an operational connection for this trip either.

Maestro
That's less than ideal! Thing is though if your friends was working fine with 3 then it would rule out a 3 problem and the wind network problem as well so that only leave a sim or phone. What if you got a spare sim and a spare phone and had both with you just in case you encounter the same issues again?

Legend

It could be something with your roaming profile then if your colleague is with 3 and they are having no issues

Lookout
That was more along the lines I was thinking. Is there a description of the profile settings available anywhere?

3 Community Manager

@Con71 Hi there, any one of the Mods here can check your roaming profile. I'll do this for you, first, send me a PM with your full name, number, address and date of birth 👍 

3 Community Manager

@Con71 thanks for your PM, I'm going to check your profile now. I see you've done some of the troubleshooting steps and followed some of the suggestions our other members made. I'm wondering have you done a network reset on your iPhone? (settings - general - reset- reset networks settings)

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>