Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I need a signal booster

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

Hi
Joined Three today. 

I can make and receive calls  but internet access is virtually not there. I can get internet but  very very slow.

I guess  a signal booster would help. 

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: I need a signal booster

Pathfinder

Thank you Guys

Today I bought Broadband 5 bundle from three with Huawei B315, I am getting a speed of 1.5 to 4mb in my conservatory. which is good. this router must be very good to get that. and hopefully the signal will get better later this year.

Just a Question:  when reading the manual I noticed that you can buy antennas for the router. any idea where can I get them 

Regards 

Naser

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Re: I need a sgnal booster

Maestro

Hey there, we don't sell signal boosters from Three. You may be able to get this to see if this helps. Whereabouts are you using the service? 

Highlighted

Re: I need a sgnal booster

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

Thank you Julie

Put Pollnaclogha in google maps

What I want to know is which booster will work with 3, What is the frequency of your 3G and 4G

Regards

Highlighted

Anonymous
The 3G is 900/2100MHz and the 4G is 800/1800MHz which is band 20 and band 3. I'm nearly sure signal boosters are illegal in Ireland to operate.
Highlighted

Maestro

Hey Naser, jay93 is right the 3G is 900/2100 and 4G is 800/1800. If you need help with anything else let me know Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

Thank you Jay93.

Highlighted

Pathfinder

Thank you Julie

Highlighted

Anonymous
No problem! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Maestro
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Legend

Yes signal boosters are illegal in Ireland.

I would recommend a USB mobile broadband router.

Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6H_n0rglHw

And position it somewhere high in your house where there is a good 4G reception i.e. on top of wardrobe in upstairs bedroom.

Then you just connect to the WiFi network that the USB mobile broadband router creates.

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.