Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Huawei dongle speeds are not as promised

Lookout
Hi I just signed a 16 months contract with 3 for the 750gb dongle modem and it promises up to 300mbps yet I'm getting only 4mbps download and barely 1 of an upload there is only 4 signal bars and trust me I tried moving it around and see if I could get full still nothing I'm sick of testing the internet connection because its using up my gbs also it's mainly for gaming on a playstation 4 can anyone help also I live in a mobile home
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Re: Huawei dongle speeds are not as promised

Maestro

Did you buy it online? As far as I know, if you did you have 14 days to return if unhappy with it for any reason. 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

@DarylG33 Have you tried connecting your console to your router using the ethernet cable? it would get rid of any interference which could be giving you less speeds? What router are you using? If its the new router then you can open your dashboard 192.168.8.1 and switch on 5ghz only. I've seen a few articles here where this improves the speeds but clearly, it won't work on WiFi. Try that when you're gaming and then switch to 2.4ghx when using WiFi. Test it out and come back here to let us know if it works. 

Lookout
Hi yes I have been connected to the ethernet cable since the start

Lookout
Hi I did not buy online unfortunately
Posted From Generic Android 2.0
Highlighted

Maestro

@DarylG33 did you try the 5ghz thing and knocking off the 2.4ghz 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
It doesn't give me that option I rang 3 they tried to sort it but I haven't
a clue if its gonna work or not.

You enter 192.168.1.8 or 192.168.8.1 into your browser then username and pword are admin. Click on settings and then WLAN settings. You'll see 2.4 and you'll see 5ghz. Enable 5 GHz by disabling 2.4ghz. I've seen some screen shots and once you're in those settings it's easy to follow and save/apply. I'd try this and see how you go.
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

Router setup here's where I found it @DarylG33

Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

Pathfinder

"it promises up to 300mbps"

May be the router is capable of 300 mbps, at peak times with Three if you get 3mbps you are lucky. may be that is why they call it 3

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>