Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Huawei B525 static IP addresses

Navigator
It's it possible to set static IP addresses on the Huawei b525?

I have a number of home automation items set up already so would like to keep the same IP address for them so I don't have to go changing everything of I switch to use the huawei b525

Re: Huawei B525 static IP addresses

Maestro

Hi ashannon,

Welcome to The Community 😃 This is something I can set up for you. Have you just signed up for our Unlimited Broadband plan? 

Navigator
Hi, i have signed up for the unlimited plan.

But the question was more about controlling static internal IPs with the b525 router that was supplied rather than a static external ip. You won't have access to my network to set it up. But if you have some instructions that would be great

Maestro

Thanks @ashannon . I've looked into this for you and with mobile broadband, we can only provide a dynamic IP address. We can provide either a public or private IP. My apologies for the mis-information earlier, I needed to double-check this for you. 

Navigator
Hi @Three_Joolz, not sure if you saw my last message? The question is about setting up static IP addresses on the b525 router.

We don't provide static IP addresses for modems but we can provide you with a public IP address if you'd like us to check this out for you. If your home automation items worked on your previous modem they'll also work on this one 👍 

Navigator
How can I ensure the devices on my home network have the same local IP address when using the Huawei b525?

Legend
Your router needs a public static ip address, but you loose 4g if you require it

Navigator
Why does the routers external ip matter for the location IP addresses it assigns internally when acting as a DHCP server?

Navigator
Why does the routers external ip matter for the IP addresses it assigns internally when acting as a DHCP server?
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>