Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hong Kong data

Anonymous
Just so you're aware, I still have no cellular data available in Hong Kong. Ongoing issue for nearly two years now.

Re: Hong Kong data

Hi Alanquigley, can you turn off and on your phone, please and then manually select the network and switch on your mobile data? 

Anonymous
Thanks for your reply. Tried that many times, and just now. It's a problem with the transmitter as has been admitted already.

Legend
Any other irish Sims work in hk?

Anonymous
No, U.K. Sims work fine, several Irish sims have the same problem as me.

Legend

hmm thats a weird one, i wonder is the site owned by a leasing company and somthing is getting blocked thats not letting irish sims on the network.

Anonymous
What a great and honest answer! Thanks for taking an interest. If that was to be the issue, is there anything that can be done about it?

Legend

No problem, I have a feeling that there will be more issues like this in furture with networks being shared/managed across companies

Maybe if there was a forum like this in HK that you could register on ( or get someone local you know to log the fault)

Anonymous
That's a pain, I tried 3 in Hong Kong, and even UK, but they bounced me back to who I pay for service. Surely 3 in Ireland pay whoever owns the transmitter when I make phone calls, so there must be some kind of a link there?
It's annoying as I spend a significant amount of time there, it would be nice to get the service that I pay for.

Legend

yeah they will always try to bouncy pay to your home country as 99/100 its an issue with your account provisioning at home.

I doubt there is a solid link between Three Ireland and the company in HK thats managing the site. 

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>