Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: EU Roaming in Spain not functional?

Navigator
Hi all
If you are tracking this I have found I can not get data in 99.9% of large cities in Spain as we head south. Towers are plentiful and cell signal strong full bars but 3G (r) can or does not permit data.
On rare occasion I will get cellular data but this is 0.01%.
As phone and SMS I suspect fine.

Three Network sim using EU roaming Spain and counting on cellular data in large towns I suggest does not happen and you get as much support as per data from three eg 0.01%. Now I have to decide to ditch three mobile or renew month and get cover in Portugul.
In refection I would not count on Three Sim EU cellular roaming in Spain. Cell coverage is great but three only appear to have agreement with Moviestar network but this seems to exclude cellular data with some random cellular data in Barcelona and Madrid. But I am talking real small area after lots of walking.

EU roaming in UK Holland Belguim are all fine. Cellular data fine.
I suspect this cellular data issue is Spain centric.

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Navigator
Hi those tracking Spain EU Roaming
Have travel through North and now South Spain.
Outcome is consistently bad for cellular data.
Moviestar (three provider for roaming here) have many towers but even if you are next to them with 100% high DB signal you don't get cellular data.
This includes Seville hat is 3rd largest city in Spain.
Got some data, say 1 to 3% of tries but you can not count on it.
Got some cellular data as I get close to Portugul boarder but towers are in Spain down south in Sierra Nevada (on farms and back roads (work that one out)
If I came again for reliable cellular data I would buy local sim as those I travel with have cellular data all the time in cities and towns.
Hoping Portugul EU roaming is fine
Off there today.

Legend
Try enabling 3g only and restart phone

Lookout
Hi, sorry for slow reply, I was travelling today. Yes, I think everything on the phone is switched on for data. Have changed to 3g only. No progress yet anyway.
Posted From Generic Android 8.0

Maestro

@Harmless send the mods a PM while you're waiting so they can check. Are you def billpay? if you're prepay I presume your plan has been topped up and you have EU data

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout
Prepay, topped up, supposedly I have 8gb. Turning on the phone now to see if any magic happened overnight!
Posted From Generic Android 8.0

3 Community Manager

@Harmless  Let me know how you get on this morning? Just to confirm Movistar is the roaming partner we have for Spain. When you manually search for a network in your phone settings, can you see that option? If you havent tried that can you give it a go and let me know how you get on?

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>