Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Data roaming not working in Rome

Scout
Even though 3 Italy appeared as available on my list of networks in Rome last week my phone said it could not connect to the 3 network. I had to connect to Vodaphone for calls and texts. But no data came thru the Vodaphone network. The odd thing was that my phone did actually connect to 3 Italy one day when I was in Umbria and I got data roaming as normal. Has anyone else had that experience? I was too busy during my trip to find a 3 Italy store but since everything worked in Umbria it doesn't sound like the problem was with my phone. I contacted 3 Chat and was assured that all was ok with my account. I was told it might be a temporary difficulty with the 3 Italy network but it went on for the 6 days I was in Rome... except on the 4th day when I was in Umbria. So that response was not very helpful. Other people had 3 data roaming on their Irish phones. It was as if access to 3 Italy in Rome was switched off on my account.
Highlighted

Re: Data roaming not working in Rome

Hi Polignana 👋 Are you still in Italy or are you back home now? If you're still there, can you take a look at this roaming troubleshooting blog here and let me know if this helps? Can you also make sure you have data roaming enabled on your phone, your 4G is turned off and try manually connecting to 3 or Wind? Aoife

Highlighted

Scout
Thanks Aoife. I'm back from Italy. I had data roaming enabled and 4G turned off. I did a manual search. Vodaphone and 3 were the only networks that said Available. WIND and the others came up as forbidden. As I said in the post, 3 and data roaming worked perfectly in Umbria
Highlighted

That's very unusual. Unfortunately as you're back in Ireland now, our tech team won't be able to replicate the issue to look into why this happened. If this happens again, certainly come back to us here and we'll log this with our tech team to investigate this for you. 

Highlighted

Legend
Do you have iphone?

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.