Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Coverage in Letterkenny

Anonymous

Hi all,

coverage in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal seems to have deteriorated in the past few months.

At first I thought that perhaps the dongle was the problem. But the guy in the Three store maintained that the device was fine. We removed the SIM and battery, rebooted it etc and when it came back up the coverage looked to be fine.

But the quality of coverage dips quite a lot, despite us positioning it in the same location as always in our house. (Upstairs, at the window at the end of the landing)

I have noticed others complaining about coverage in the area as well.

Have there been any other complaints? Are there any plans to upgrade the infrastructure? It seems pretty poor service that a large town like Letterkenny could suffer from such inconsistent coverage.

Re: Coverage in Letterkenny

3 Staff

Can you take a look at this checklist, and let me know if that helps? 

Anonymous

My reception with Three has been atrocious too I have contacted Three several times but never got a clear explanation as to what has happened to a formerly reliable network. I can still text & call, but data has become unstable.

Some of the issues I've noticed:

1) Data coverage has declined, even 4G crawls. And that's only when I can find 4G signal.

2) I'm constantly getting conected to 02 Roaming which seems to be a dial-up strength signal..

Everyone I know in town on the Three network is experiencing these issues.. I just wish there were some explanation, rather than constantly being told to check your phone settings.. At this stage if things don't improve I'll likely switch to a better network.

Maestro

Hi @Anonymous if you want to pop us a PM with your account details, I'll certainly check this out.

Anonymous

Hi, when I click on the "checklist" link it doesn't bring me to a new URL.

Can you resend please? Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Maestro

Can you take a look at this checklist on our Community, and let me know if that helps? - http://bit.ly/1UYaaiz

Anonymous

I ran through that checklist but the issues persist, I really don't think it's down to my device.

Anonymous

Coverage seems to be non-existent this morning.

I can connect to the Mobile Broadband and the signal strength indicator appears strong, but internet access is down.

I tried rebooting the dongle, took SIM and battery out for a few minutes etc, but issue remains.

When I got into work I logged into my Three account and checked my allowance but I still have over 45GB left for the month.

3 Staff

Were you getting a specific error message on this when you were trying to connect?  Was it showing as connected on H+? 

Anonymous

Yesterday, my mobile broadband was visible when I scanned for available wifi networks on my phone. I was able to connect and the Wifi indicator on my phone showed good signal stength. But there was zero Internet access. I couldn't load Google.ie and none of my social media feeds were refreshing.

Then last night and this morning I can no longer even connect to the Three mobile broadband. I checked the dongle and it has full battery. The Wifi strength indicator looks normal but there is obviously something wrong when it won't appear on any device I've tried conencting with. (Different phones, laptops, iPad etc)

I tried rebooting it as well as removing the battery and SIM for a while.

It's not too bad for me at the moment because I can get by on my phone's 4G. But it will become a major problem for me next week as I am on-call for work and would regularly need good Internet coverage in order to VPN tunnel into my office network.

From speaking to others around the town it's affecting a lot of people. If there is maintenance/upgrade work taking place why not be open about it and give people a realistic ETA as to when service will resume?

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>