Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Cant Receive Calls or SMS messages for 2 Days

Lookout

Like others, I've been unable to receive calls or messages for two days now. 

For me, this has had the knock on effect of essentially locking me out of many work accounts where I use two factor authentication codes for access.

When I first spoke to Three yesterday the call center person directed me back to one of my other service providers laying blame at their server for this Three issue. 

The power off and back on line is wearing thin. 

The direct cost to me is in the hundreds of euros already.

Chosen Solution

Re: Cant Receive Calls or SMS messages for 2 Days

Lookout

For those that are still experiencing this problem, the solution for me was to actually remove the sim card.  Once I removed the sim card (and Micro SD Card), put them back and turned the phone back on, everything connected fine, and all my messages came through ok and my phone received calls ok too.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Maestro

Hi @Nuray, we are aware of an issue with customers unable to receive calls and texts. Our tech team have been working on this and some of our customers have advised that the following steps have worked - power off and on your phone completely and then make a call, allow it to connect and then test. Let me know if that works for you here.

Lookout

"The power off and back on line is wearing thin."

I've been trying that for 2 days.

Surely your tech team have given you an indication of what the problem is, what they need to do to fix it, and how long it will take! 

I repeat, the power off and on line is wearing thin! You (Three, not you personally) should find out how long it will take to resolve, and let me know so I can make arrangements.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Maestro

I understand where you're coming from Nuray, but our tech team have been checking this out throughout the day so turning off/on your phone will refresh your phone checking if this is resolved. If you are still experiencing this, can you send a PM with your number and I can send this on for you?

Lookout

Thanks for the reply Kelly, and I understand you are customer service and not privy to all of the tech details. The 'Send me a PM' link does not work.

This is not rocket science, the issue is either fixed by your tech team, or it is not fixed.  There should be absolutely zero ambiguity to that fact. 

For me, it is not fixed, and turning on and off my phone has not helped since I started doing that yesterday. I think it is 3-4 times today I have gone through the process.  I URGENTLY need access to accounts I am unable to access because I cannot receive SMS messages. 

Is this hand-set related, or region related, or software related?  

Scout
I am having same problem and issue is not solving. Either three should solve it now or i am leaving 3.

Maestro

Hi Nuray, can you let me know how this is for you this morning? If you are still experiencing this can you reply to my PM with your number and I'll get this looked into for you?

Maestro

Hi @Amir, how is this for you today? Can you turn off and on your phone and let me know if you can receive calls or texts as our tech team have been working on this.

Lookout

For those that are still experiencing this problem, the solution for me was to actually remove the sim card.  Once I removed the sim card (and Micro SD Card), put them back and turned the phone back on, everything connected fine, and all my messages came through ok and my phone received calls ok too.

Scout

i am still having same problem no effect after removing sim card and putting it back 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon