Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Broadband Speed

Anonymous

Hi there, bought a pay as you go sim for my phone....broadband speed is awefull,  0.16mbs down and 0.04 up.

I've tried the sim in different devices with no ipmrovement.  Full, strong signal.

Highlighted

Re: Broadband Speed

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous, is this a voice Prepay SIM that you're using in a phone, or a broadband Prepay SIM?

What phone are you using it in, and do you know if others on Three have the same issues there? 

Highlighted

Anonymous

Hiya It's a voice prepay.  Devices tried:

Samsung Galaxy s2

HTC Rhyme

Lenovo smart tab

Hauwai smart phone

....don't know about others problems.  Coverage map shows I should have 4g coverage.  (No devices are 4g)

Highlighted

As you're using Android phones, can you check that your settings match these? - http://bit.ly/1FaLhaC. Also can you make sure that your Network Mode and Network Selection are set to Auto, and then restart the phone?

Highlighted

Anonymous

Yes...done that.  The trouble is it starts off ok (ish) then gets slower and slower...the stops within 2 or 3 minutes

Highlighted

Would it be possible to pop into a Three store and pick up a free replacement SIM card? It's possible that the SIM you received is faulty.

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.