Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Broadband Speed

Anonymous

Hi there, bought a pay as you go sim for my phone....broadband speed is awefull,  0.16mbs down and 0.04 up.

I've tried the sim in different devices with no ipmrovement.  Full, strong signal.

Re: Broadband Speed

[ Edited ]

Hi @Anonymous, is this a voice Prepay SIM that you're using in a phone, or a broadband Prepay SIM?

What phone are you using it in, and do you know if others on Three have the same issues there? 

Anonymous

Hiya It's a voice prepay.  Devices tried:

Samsung Galaxy s2

HTC Rhyme

Lenovo smart tab

Hauwai smart phone

....don't know about others problems.  Coverage map shows I should have 4g coverage.  (No devices are 4g)

As you're using Android phones, can you check that your settings match these? - http://bit.ly/1FaLhaC. Also can you make sure that your Network Mode and Network Selection are set to Auto, and then restart the phone?

Anonymous

Yes...done that.  The trouble is it starts off ok (ish) then gets slower and slower...the stops within 2 or 3 minutes

Highlighted

Would it be possible to pop into a Three store and pick up a free replacement SIM card? It's possible that the SIM you received is faulty.

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon