Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

Broadband Speed

Navigator

Hi -  Over the past three weeks my download speeds have continued to decline to a low of 1.5 mb/s.  I'm getting between three and four bars and yet trying to download a video, even at the lowest possible resolution, has become virtually impossible.  I live outside of Rathmullan, Co Donegal and while speeds have never been super fast I've always been able to download video in a somewhat reasonable amount of time.  I'm on a pay monthly pro contract.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Chosen Solution

Re: Broadband Speed

Navigator

Hi - I've installed the new SIM and although it's early days download speeds do seem a bit better.  Still not overly fast but considering where I live probably the best I can expect for now.  I'll revisit this if I run into problems again in the future.  Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Anonymous
Hi @lmac

The guys from the three team will be here tomorrow from 9 and can assist but for the meantime I can try troubleshoot some things with you if you want

Hi @lmac, can I get some more details on the issue?

What device are you using?

When did you last get a new SIM?

Do you know if others in the area are having the same issue?

Navigator

Hi - I'm using a Huawei E3131 dongle.  I've tried other devices (E3531 dongle, mifi) which only makes the problem worse.

My SIM card is probably about 8 years old.

I don't know if anyone else in the area is having the same problems

Many thanks

Anonymous

Hi @lmac

The first thing you should do would be to have a SIM replacement done via any Three/Carphone warehouse store near you to check if this solves the issue.

Navigator
Thanks - I'll give that a try this week.

Navigator

Hi - I've installed the new SIM and although it's early days download speeds do seem a bit better.  Still not overly fast but considering where I live probably the best I can expect for now.  I'll revisit this if I run into problems again in the future.  Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Hi @Imac, that's great news! Do get in touch if there's any change Smiley Happy

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>