Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Block text messages from "Adam"

Navigator

I'm getting spam text messages from an account called "Adam". 

I have no Adam in my contacts. 

I'm using a Samsung S9, and I want to Block these messages. Unfortunately, I can only find a way to block phone numbers, and since the account sending me messages is displaying as Adam, I dont see an easy way to block. Can you please assist

Re: Block text messages from "Adam"

Maestro

@BlinkyBill surely if you select Adam there's an option to block a contact? Think you need to add him to your contacts first just go from his message to add to contact. Give that a go and see what happens.

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Navigator

Unfortunately there's no option to add the account as a contact when I go into the message. All I can do is delete the message

Legend

If you list your main messages and select the messages from adam do you see a stop logo on the top right of the screen, so you can disable notifications for it.

https://support.google.com/messages/answer/6080337?hl=en

-->Change options for specific people

Navigator

Yeah, I can disable notifications, but I'd rather block this spam altogether

Maestro

Don't think you can if you don't know the number. What's the content of the messages like? 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Community Manager

@BlinkyBill Are the messages coming through as SMS or is it a pop-up notification on screen? Also, have you been charged? We can offer to remove premium services which means you won't get any premium text messages but it blocks everything and that includes being able to enter things like Late Late Show competitions. Thanks'

Navigator

Hi Rachel,

The messages are coming through as a normal SMS. Similar to how I receive some solicited SMS from organisations, such as Dominos. There is no number displayed, rather a name.

I do not believe I am getting charged, as the message contains a link which it encourages me to click. It looks to be a generic phising message. I have deleted this message now, but as this is not the first time I have received the message, I was wondering if there was a simple way to block messages from this account. I am quite dilligent with what I sign up for online, so I am very confident this is not something that I registered for, and I therefore imagine, I am not the only customer receiving this message.

Thanks

Navigator

I have deleted the message now, but it is something along the lines of:

Hi,

Are you available to work this evening? We have 5 openings that pay 180 per hour.

Click this link to register - gtp/lnk.sdfsd

3 Community Manager

Thanks @BlinkyBill  Texts from numbers can be blocked at a network level but the number is needed. What I can do is have the tech team try to figure out where the text is coming from. We don't have visibility of incoming texts so I can't check that way, it does sound like a phishing text. Can you provide a screenshot of the text in PM (just in case anyone tries to copy the URL if it's public, without realising it's not recommended) Along with your number, name, address and date of birth so I can access your account. I'll come back to you here in the public forum with the information I can find. Thanks'

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>