Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Accepted Solution

B315 Router keeps dropping internet

Pathfinder

I recently switched to a Huawei B315 modem with 083 sim.

I get constantly good reception (3 bars 3G or 1 bar 4G), and when it is working speed is OK, but I regularly can’t access the internet despite the router telling me that it has good reception and is connected.

Usually restarting the router fixes this, but at times I have to reboot every 20 minutes.

I tried setting switching the preferred network between Auto, 3G only and 4G only and sometimes one seems to be more stable than the other, but today I just had to reboot all the time…

Anything I can change to avoid this?

Chosen Solution

Re: B315 Router keeps dropping internet

Pathfinder

I got a new SIM card last Friday. It seems that this did the trick. I didn't need to reset the connection since.

As mentioned before, I didn't think it really is a hard ware problem, as I had similar issues after using another modem. Didn't expect that switching the SIM card would make that much of a difference.

I seem to be getting faster speeds to (4-6 Mbps at time, before never more than 1.5 Mbps, but I didn't monitor systematically), however there is still fluctuation and at times bandwidth drops to very low levels. However, as long as I don't get disconnected I can live with this.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Hi there, can you try putting the SIM into a phone and check if you can pick up data? 

Pathfinder

Thanks. I tried this: no problem picking up data with that SIM in a phone.

As I said: I also get data at reasonable speed via the modem with that SIM. It just frequently stops getting data despite saying it is connected and has good reception.

It seems that by changing the preferred network I force the modem to reconnect and then it works again. But it is often only 20 minutes before it cuts out again...

3 Community Manager

Thanks for the info there.  Can you PM your account details and I'll have our tech team check it out for you?  Rachel 

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

The connection is good, signal is strong but it keeps dropping.

Normally, this isn't a problem as it drops and it's back up within a second or two but if steaming or using Remote desktop then I'm cut off and have to reconnect each time.

Pathfinder

Interesting to hear that I am not the only one having problems.

Since my last post I first had the (brand new) Modem sent in for repair on suggestion of support staff, which didn't help).

After that I spent a good time on the phone to 1913 staff doing all sorts of tests they apparently have to ask you to do before they can pass the problem on to their Tech Team. However, the Tech Team apparently dismisses the case, because according to their records I can connect and use data - which isn't the problem.

This happened twice, I called a third time and was promised by 1913 staff that they will set up a call-back from the Tech Team, which never happened, so I assume the case is dismissed again.

Generally it appears that Three (or at least their Tech Team) is of the opinion, that if I can get internet at all they fulfilled their contract, regardless of the fact that I can't agree to skype calls for work, for fear they will be interrupted or copying a large file via the VPN takes forever, because I have to reset and restart several times before I manage to get the file across...

Apparently the last instruction from the Tech team was to switch the modem off while not in use, which I find a bit ridiculous. I bought the B315 modem to have continuous reliable internet, however, I even tried to plug the modem into a timer plug now, which switches it off over  night - didn't solve the problem, though.

Legend

You tried to upgrade the firmware in the router?

Anonymous

It has the most recent firmware

Legend

If your on the latest firmware and your still facing issues, you should return it.

Anonymous

maybe someone from the Three Support team could add some help here?

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>