Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

B315 Firmware update failed

Anonymous

Hi all,

On logging into the router admin panel today, i was notified of a software update.  I decided to go ahead and take it.  The update downloaded fine but hung on 99% install.. I powered off modem after about 30mins and of course it will not boot now.  Looks like the FW update failed. Only the power light comes on at boot no other activity lights come on.  Is there a recovery process for this?  any help appreciated.

Re: B315 Firmware update failed

Legend

https://www.spark.co.nz/content/dam/kb/private/s0/docs/Huawei%20B315s%20-%20User%20Manual.pdf

Try to reset it with the reset button on the rear, see above for details 

Legend

Anonymous

Thanks .. but no use the reset alone has no effect.  The firmware package in the link you posted does not have any install instructions Smiley Sad

Legend

Hi @Anonymous will the modem not start at all now after the update? 

Anonymous

I experienced a similar issue with my huawei b315 and three.ie, but i never "accept" the update because there was not such news from huawei, so coincidentally during the unreliable "update" request, my b315 remained ON constantly for 1.5month and continued working fine (except asking occasionally to update), after this time where I reject ALL update request,  i only rebooted the b315 even via software web interface and after this software ordered reboot only the power light was ON alone, as it happen to Ronan72.

I called huawei support and they told me that my IMEI was from China, a bit surprising as I bought it new in amazon.ie (which redidect to amazon.co.uk) and the modem has CE0682 stamped on it. I don't match this unsupportive optic of huawei for a PERMANENT FAILURE only due to software.

However before to throw it away and put a cross over huawei, I noticed that an undocumented procedure is able to partially revitalise it for about one minute: switch on while keeping press the top power button for about 10seconds, then press the reset button while keeping pressed the power button: the ethernet move from no carrier to active, it doesn't send neither answer to normal packets (including ARP) then after about a minute with some more light on, it dies again with Power light on alone, but at least it would possibly be able to receive some ethernet packet. otherwise booting with a flashing firmware prepared in some manner in an USB memory might activate refresh, but this device doesn't have great output interface, plus is not seriously documented

Anonymous

I accepted the update as above that was proposed. It came to "reeboting", then it "died". The only thing that works now is the powerlight.

- Reset button - no change

- LAN access - dead

- Reeboot to earlier software (press 'power' and 'wps' until powerlight goes off) doesn't work

The Huawei router had worked for me flawlessly for one year, delivering reliable 4G with +20Megabit download and 3 - 5 Megabit upload for more than one year.

It was bought from a Huawei brand store in the far east, without operator lock. I have been using it with different operators in Europe, without problems, most recently in Portugal with Vodafone.

It is a shame really as it was a good 4G-router. As I can not even access the LANport I see no way of fixing the HUAWEI B315s router.

For the forensics of this world, the IMEI was 866853023042802 and the S/N H8S7S15920006113

Huawei, you are now officially on my black list!

3 Staff

Hey Guran, are you not able to use the router at all now to connect? 

Anonymous

same for me .. power light only !! is the any solution ??

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>