Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

FREE 4G for all customers until July 2016

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Great news folks! Smiley Happy

We'll be extending our free 4G access promotion to all our customers, including former O2 customers.

This means that all customers with 4G-enabled phones, can benefit from the next generation of speeds through accessing Three's state of the art 4G network. 4G access will be available to all customers for free, as a promotion, until 30th June 2016.

From 1st July 2015, former O2 Bill Pay customers with 4G-enabled handsets will be able to opt-in to Three’s 4G network. This will be available once in a 4G coverage area and after a quick software update. 4G will be available to former O2 Prepay customers from the end of July 2015.

For more details on 4G, click here

Re: FREE 4G for all customers until July 2016

Anonymous

Great to see it being extended.

Anonymous

I don't see whats great news !

Free 4G until the end of June for all customers- providing your not an O2 customer

O2 customers can opt in to 4G from the 1st July- funny how this is the same day that 4G becomes chargable !

I quote your first line

We'll be extending our free 4G access promotion to all our customers, including former O2 customers.

So by this statement alone, are Three offering a free 4G period for 02 customers from July first ?

Why is the Three web site still saying it will be free for 02 customers from the first of June when this is clearly not true. ?

How can it be free from the first of July when the site says 4G will be an aditional charge from this day.

There seems to be a lot of discrepancies between yourself and the site !

3 Moderator

Hi plasticpaddy, from 1st July 2015, former O2 Bill Pay customers with 4G-enabled handsets will be able to opt-in to Three’s 4G network. 4G will be available to former O2 Prepay customers from the end of July 2015. 

We're extending our free 4G access promotion to all our customers until July 2016 Smiley Happy

If you've any other questions on this let me know!

Anonymous

Does this offer apply to all price plans, both Pre-Paid, and Bill?

Thanks

3 Moderator

Hi Stuey, from 1st July 2015, former O2 Bill Pay customers with 4G-enabled handsets will be able to opt-in to Three’s 4G network. 

4G will be available to former O2 Prepay customers from the end of July 2015. This will be available once in a 4G coverage area and after a quick software update.

If you've any other questions just shout Smiley Happy

Anonymous

@plasticpaddy wrote:

I don't see whats great news !

For 3 customers (rather than legacy O2) it is great news. Charging the €5 was a crazy move and for me personally it means I contiune to get excellent speeds that many can't even get from their fixed line service and at no extra cost. At least until 2016. 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/1269289207

Anonymous

Hmmmmm !

August-6th and still no 4G

So what's the story 3 ?

What phone are you using and what price plan are you on?

Anonymous

I phone 6

Its a company phone, not sure on full package, but was told would get 4g from June 1st.

We transferred over from 02.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. You'll find useful articles, help and support blogs and solutions to topics/questions..

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register here >>