Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Samsung Note 7

Anonymous
Returned mine at the beginning of October (as per my post above). Chased three to get them to send out a cheque and not refund my phone account. Turns out a month later still no refund cheque so back chasing them again about this. Another week has since passed since I brought this to their attention and still no confirmation as to what's going on. Ridiculous at this stage.

Explorer

PodgeMac, that's a disgrace. I paid by credit card over the phone and got a refund back to my card. I'd suggest involving the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission if you are able to, you may also want to contact ComReg as well. Also if you paid by credit, card even though its likely to be outside of the limitation period, you could ask your credit card provider about doing a chargeback against 3. Lastly you might want to also consider the Small Claims Court. I hope you get your money back and very soon.

Anonymous
Thanks speedo. To add insult to injury, I received an "update" on the progress of my refund today whereby I've been told I'm being expected to wait another 21 days for a cheque to issue. That'll be 4 months since this issue started, 3 months since I handed my handset back and almost 2 months since I requested my refund by cheque. I've demand a call from someone senior on this as this is just not acceptable. Otherwise I'll be involving all of the above suggested parties including consideration of issuing proceedings against three in relation to this. In any other area if someone provided a faulty good and then essentially refused to return the money you'd be either pursuing them legally or calling the gardai for theft and fraud. I'll await a response from three but won't hold my breath based on past engagements as they just don't seem to care about this at all.

Pathfinder
Anyone getting the note 8 or still dealing with three after this disaster....

Pathfinder

I've seen some early reviews/hands on videos and I am not delighted by Note8... Smaller battery, awkward fingerprint scanner, bigger footprint (screen is bigger too but hey?!).
I think I'll go with LG V30. I am YouTube content creator (TechManiacHD) and to record all footage I am using a phone Cat Surprised Since Note7 has been taken away from mee I've been using S7 Edge but camera quality is one of the aspects that I need so might go witch LG. Most LG's products have poor battery but with this generation of Note8 might be small different if any Smiley Tongue

Although, do you guys remember anything about new Note to be HALF PRICE for those who bought Note7 last year? I still have my receipt. If that would be truth I'll reconsider my decision of getting Note8... Yeah... for the half price I can buy it otherwise I'll buy LG and will make a review about LG Cat LOL

Explorer

Hi,

I left 3 after the massive balls up with the refund process for the Note 7, so staying well away from them. 

As regards the Note 8 itself, it's not really grabbing me. I believe there is a 128GB variant and I'd like to see that being available at launch. I know you can add a memory card, but I prefer keeping the apps on the phone memory rather than the memory card. So I think its a no from me.

Pathfinder
Samsung are running a trade in program for note 7 users who had to downgrade to s7 edge and giving them 425 dollars off the note 8. Unfortunately only in america and South Korea....

Pathfinder
Thanks for clearing it out. I thought this will be for Ireland too ;(
I got S7 Edge after returning Note7. That's kind of unfair...

Pathfinder
Me to eclipse. I phone Samsung earlier to clear it up... I think it's very unfair i never wanted an s7 edge and is say most people who love the note didn't either... we all had to lock in to new contracts and the amount of hassle we had to put up with at the very least they could run this program to ALL people effected. Very disappointed with Samsung

Pathfinder

I too left 3 after this mess and the treatment of customers.

Oh nearly forgot....the debit collectors letters for unpaid bills that 3 had cancelled the contract on.....just wound myself up again thinking of it Smiley Mad

Now Samsung offering the US better deals and a trade in......this will be the first Note I'll be giving a miss.

Shame on them!

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon