Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Samsung Note 7

[ Edited ]

Samsung has reported a battery safety issue on its Galaxy Note 7 phone.

Although this has been reported as affecting a very small percentage of the devices shipped, it does require the return of all Galaxy Note 7 phones, including the ones shipped to some of our customers this week.

If you have received a Galaxy Note 7, please turn it off and contact 014866495 through alternative means for more information. 

Highlighted

Re: Samsung Note 7

Legend

Pretty bad mistake from Samsung.

Highlighted

Anonymous

Hi,

i have one of these phones and its currently the only phone i have.. turning it off means i'm no longer contactable!  I prefer not to ring1913 at the moment as mixups seem to occur! I'd rather get something in writing or via email! Especially since i just started a new contract with this phone! I've already been asked for my details via twitter but I've heard nothing back as yet.

Highlighted

Legend

I guess you will have to send it off to get a replacement, and get a loan of a temporary phone until Samsung send out new ones.

But you probably need to send it back sooner rather than later to get a new phone quicker.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Pathfinder

I'm in the same boat as tigger1962

I've also purchased 2 samsung cases and screen protector2.

What happens now three?

Highlighted

Anonymous

well to be honest.. I'm now thinking of sending the whole lot back and ending my contract with Three. once I get confirmation that my "new" contract will be "reset" back to the current one! A friend brought his back to his local shop (not a three customer) and was given a refurbished S7 until his new Note 7 arrived! Now thats customer service! 

Highlighted

Anonymous

I just popped down to the Three Store on Grafton Street in Dublin to return my Note 7. I had been onto Live Chat last night and had given them an alternative number to call me on at work. As I hadn't heard from them and wanted to act on this quickly I decided to be proactive and went to the source. 

Aside from treating me like I'd just handed them a live hand grenade they also wouldn't accept the phone back as I'd pre-ordered online. I was told I'd have to return it to wherever it came from. They didn't have any information regarding temporary replacement phones despite the fact that I too am now phoneless or when replacement Note 7's would be available. They mentioned that Samsung would possibly re-releasing around November.

Anyway, none the wiser and now carrying around a very expensive paper weight in my backpack when I got back to my desk I logged onto the Irish Times and there was a number in an article to call Samsung support on (01) 695 0367. The lady on the other end told me that my retailer should have swapped the phone there and then. I told her about my experience at the store and she just reiterated that the phone can be swapped for a new one at the retailer and that Samsung released a statement about this this morning.

Does anyone at Three know anything more about this?

Highlighted

Legend

it it buy it from the shop or online?

If you bought it online you have to return it to the returns address.

Highlighted

Anonymous

I pre-ordered it online. 

I would have thought that the Three Stores are all part of the same company and could accept the return of a faulty device that has been recalled particualrly when a customer is going to be without a phone for whatever length of time it takes to send it off and get it returned.

I'm also keen for Three to confirm what the situation is before I send it off as currently what the store have told me and what the Samsung Customer Care Number have told me (as per my post above) are very different. All I've received so far from Three is a text message saying to return the phone, I haven't been given any other formal details as to how anything is going to work.

Highlighted

Legend

If you bought online, you would generally return to the address provided.

I would contact the returns depart of Three online shop for more details.

Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.