Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Note 7

Pathfinder

As far as I know Note8 will be for us half price but now S7/S7 Edge in regular price.
I'm thinking to get Edge variant but it's a phone from February...
If it will be confirmed that we can get Note8 for a half its price I can go for it. But... will they?

Anonymous

@Jeremyfk wrote:
@Anonymous I sent my phone back 10 days ago and my contract was cancelled this morning. Got a call from 3 this afternoon telling me how great they are and asking if I'd be happy "to just go ahead with signing up again"! I swear, Monty Python could have written it. Told the lady that there were two hopes of me resigning to three and that as pin the previous recall I was to just be put back on my original contract terms. I was told that simply wasn't possible any more and that if I wanted to continue with three i had to take a new SIM only contract at €25 per month and I couldn't have my original €40 Flex Max plan again! That's con number one, con number two is a doozy. As far as refunds are concerned Three are trying to pull a fast one. I was offered two choices, €440 worth of Three credit or at some stage in the coming weeks a cheque through the post. I in formed the Rep that they were to charge back my credit card as previously agreed IN WRITING and I was told that that was a non runner as Three absolutely did not offer that service to anyone. I nearly put the phone through the wall. Asked for a supervisor informing the Rep that they legally hadn't a leg to stand on refusing the charge back. Woman put me on hold and came back to say that the most she could do was request that Three's finance director ( i **bleep** you not!) make an exception for little old me. Three's incompetent, disgusting and reprehensible treatment of it's customers continues.

Thanks for sharing that. I look forward to further frustration so! I've been trying to get an update from the mods on progress and was told to ring the 1800 number again but as before, I said I'm not spending any more of my working day on hold or travelling to and from the Three store to assist them in giving me back my money when they have my phone. They said they'd look into this for me. In fairness to the mods, I think they are the unfortunate face of a shambles of a company who are handling this terribly. Anyone else had the same treatment as @Anonymous ?

As for the potential for the half price S7 and the offer of an upgrade to a Note 8 in the future. Could you imagine how Three would handle this if they can't even take back a phone and give you your money back?

Anonymous
I sh@t you not...... Pocketlint are reporting that Samsung are saying that Galaxy Note 7s sold in Europe are completely safe to use now that they have issued a software update restricting the battery charge to a max of 60%.

And the kicks in the nuts continue.......😭😭😭😭
Posted From Alcatel 5054X

Anonymous

It is difficult to put into words how angry I am with 3. The latest example (of many examples) of utter incompetence is as follows:

As instructed I returned my second Note 7 in store last week. I was told within three days I would be contacted to confirm my refund and explain the options available to me. This morning I received a text message to confirm the phone was received and that my refund was being processed (note I haven't received the refund). Within 10 minutes my phone was dead - 3 had cancelled my account. I rang customer care who apologized and confirmed the account had been cancelled. 

If I want to get my account back I need to go back to the store again and have a new account set up (this will be my 4th account with 3 in 4 months). 

What can I say ... it feels like there is someone working actively to sabotage my experience with 3. As if customer care was actually customer sabotage. 

Mods please respond

3 Staff

Can you send through your order code, number, address and DOB and we'll get this checked out for you? Had you taken out a new number with the phone? 

Anonymous

At least they are dealing with your refund. It's exactly one month to the day since I dropped my phone back to the shop and I still haven't been contacted by Three or seen a cent of my money back. I've chased them a number of times and as recently as Monday was told by the mods they'd look into this for me and revert asap and its now Thursday lunchtime and I've heard nothing back.

Based on everyone else's experiences, I'm waiting for my phone to go dead some time soon and have to deal with the farce of having it reconnected. One question, when/if they do reconnect you, do you get your old account and number back or are Three now going to tell me that I have to move to a less favourable tariff and that I'm going to lose my number too now as a result of this farce they've presided over??

Explorer

Hi,

How long are sales taking to contact customers? I returned mine in-store on the 14th October and still no phone call. I have phoned the customer care 5 times since that date, but no phonecall from sales itself. What's happening?

Anonymous
Speedo, your best bet is having the moderators look into it for you. They're very helpful and I'm pretty sure I'd still be waiting if they hadn't followed up for me. The best way to get three to contact you is to tell the mods you are thinking of cancelling your contract. I did and got a call the next day. Still haven't received my refund though and I returned my phone at the start of October.
Posted From Samsung SM-N9005

Explorer

Hi PodgeMac,

Appreciate the tip and giving it a try. But in your case holding on to your money for over 40 days and in my case over 28 days when you are entitled to a refund is not appropriate behaviour for a company. To put it into some perspective, last month I returned an item back to Adidas by post to Germany and I had the refund back on my card within 7 days of posting the item. I think certain people in Three are forgetting how much money it is, in my case its €549, its not like an item of clothing that costs €20 being returned.

Explorer

Curious to know if anyone is still waiting on a refund for their handset or geting their contract cancelled? I returned mine on 14th October and didn't get the refund until 21st November and my contract is being cancelled on 17th December, so more than 2 months after the replacement handset was returned.

While I think that 3 made a bit of a pigs ear of the original problem, where they really made a balls of it was the process and trouble in getting the refund and contract cancelled, it took multiple 60mins + phonecalls, including call centre staff who didn't want to go the extra inch, let alone the extra mile. Though there was one shining light there call Alan. Also its the fact that they didn't cancel the contract immediately but insisted on a 30 day notice period, so still gouging more money out of me.

I think the call centre staff made the return and refund process excruciating and also what is it with transfering you to somebody else with no warning. The mods were slow to respond, gave stock answers and misleading information. But having said that I think there is some people behind the scenes that have the most to answer and apologise for as they were probably responsible for most of this fiasco, but because they don't deal directly with the public they don't care.

I'm leaving 3 when my contract finishes later this month. I had being with O2/3 since 2008 and they are losing me as a customer.

Final word - 3 have only achieved the market share they have by taking over a larger competitor. They might want to think about how they treat the customers that are staying with them if they want to keep that market share.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>