Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: Samsung Note 7

Anonymous

@Three_Sheena wrote:

Hi everyone, here's a link to this morning's statement from Samsung - https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-will-ask-all-global-partners-to-stop-sales-and-exchanges-of-...

We will post here again as soon as we know more.

It would be good to know what the statement "...take advantage of the remedies available" means from a Three Ireland perspective, Sheena. Awaiting the Three update with interest and concern!

Anonymous

Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available.

What are the remedies available?

I asked yesterday:

Could a moderator confirm whether they are still working through the list in chronological order or is it the case that I have just been forgotten about?

Still no contact. 

To quote Papa Lazarou, This is just a saga now!

Anonymous
Wow the first time 3 have posted some worthwhile info and its a link straight to a sumsung statement. Absolute farse. Now the fun begins, if three could give the prepay customers priority this time it would be nice. Another month or so with no phone/refund.
Posted From Samsung SM-G900I

Anonymous
Can't wait to see how Three make a mess of this!
Posted From Samsung SM-N930F

Pathfinder
This is an absolute nightmare. I blame three and samsung. First of all samsung should have tested their devices properly and secondly they rushed their recall to get their phones out so they could compete with Apple and clearly didn't test them again properly and no they are left with a huge mess. I don't want an s7 edge and I don't want an iPhone I want my note 7.... three's handling of the replacement is ridicilous. They had one guy in charge of sending us replacements (declan)... clearly they didn't give a s**t about people who payed prepay as I sent my old note 7 on a Friday and had my new one by Tuesday... I don't want to watch this nightmare unfold again and a 128gb memory card for compensation go and stick it...

Anonymous
I see Vodafone are offering a straight up refund. Radio silence from Three.

Hi all, as you may have already heard, Samsung has reported a battery safety issue with the Galaxy Note7 requiring you to turn off the replacement device you received. Please call 1800 947 591 for further advice on how to return the device and receive a full refund.

If you have received a VR headset or a 128GB memory card, you do not need to return these items.

If you never received an replacement Note 7 through the exchange program, and you have already returned your original Note 7 to Three via store/post/courier, we will be in touch by phone to discuss your new device and plan options once your refund has fully processed.

If you have not yet returned the original Note 7 you received from Three, you need to turn it off and return it store. A refund will then be processed once it’s delivered to our warehouse. Once the refund is processed, our dedicated team will call you to discuss your new phone and plan options.

If you entered a new contract when you purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note7 and do not wish to remain in that contract, we will make arrangements to cancel the contract without penalty.

The above is all the info we have at the moment. If you have a question, pop any of the Mods a PM with your details and we can look into this against your account.

Thanks,

Sheena

Anonymous
I'm flat out refusing to send mine back this time around. If Three agree that I can call into a Three Store for a full CASH refund, then and only then, will I give it back. When I sent my original Note 7 back in September I was told I was getting a full refund, that turned out to be €400+ worth of Three Call Credit on my account. Completely useless to me since i paid the original amount by credit card. My new handset has been running like a dream, so this time I'm not playing ball. Full cash in hand refund or I'll gladly keep my ticking time bomb.
Highlighted

Pathfinder

I bought tepered glass to put on my Note7 €7,99
I got a Spigen Case for $32 shipped straight from USA
Also I got another case for $29,99 from UAG as Spigen case was quite terrible.
Now what to do with that stuff. Throw it away? Useless?

That's too bad Smiley Sad

Update:
I am calling to that number above and I am being transferred for the 5th time Smiley Happy don't know why but it's beginning to funny Smiley Tongue

Pathfinder
Thanks for the reply Sheena... I know it's nothing to do with you but obviously we can keep the vr and memory card as compensation but this isn't from three it's from samsung and in my opinion doesn't half compensate the time and effort it took from me it was a nightmare and I felt the customer care support very poor
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>