Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Android 7 update NOW available for download

[ Edited ]
Explorer

Hi,

When will Three.ie be pushing out the Android 7 update to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge handsets in Ireland?

Cheers,

Gary

Chosen Solution
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Android 7 update

Thanks for updating @GaryH  

This is available for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge users now.

It's a big one so might take a while to download and install as you outlined.

Just downloaded it on my own S7 and there are some cool changes and slick design. Running two apps side by side is really cool and actually works very well!  We'll have more info on it from our Devices team in the Week in Tech on Newsfeed tomorrow evening.

The Android 7.0 Nougat update is now available!   To download and install go to Settings > About > Download Software Update.   Due to the size of the update, we recommend downloading it using WiFi as data charges may apply.  

Cheers

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic
Highlighted

Not any time soon since samsung has stopped the roll out due to bugs. Shame really. My friend got it and said there was a load of new features that are good. 

Highlighted

3 Staff

@GaryH Just to let you it's in the testing phase at the minute on the Three network- this usually lasts a couple of weeks as it needs to be thoroughly tested for any errors before launch. 

Highlighted

Lookout

So its nearly 6 weeks since you said that Three were in testing A7 for the S7 Edge, Ive just upgraded to one, its on the way, and I wonder what stage the testing was at now?

Highlighted

3 Staff

We've no exact date yet for the roll out but once we do, we'll post an update to the community. 

Highlighted

Thanks Fiona, are we talking days, weeks or months here? It would be great to know so I don't have to come back here on an hourly basis ;-)
Highlighted

Is it the Android 7 nougat your asking about? 👍

Highlighted

Lookout
Eh, what else??
Highlighted

Great news. Take a look on here to find out more: http://bit.ly/2kXOh7M. 😁😁 👍

Highlighted

That link wont work for me
Announcements

Three – Covid-19

Everyone’s coming together to battle the spread of COVID-19 and this means we have to close 3Stores for a while. Staying connected is more important than ever right now and you’ll find all the help you need on your 3Community and our new open board and Three.ie

Remember, self-serve options such as three.ie, My3 App & Web, 1913 & SMS Codes are also available to you.