Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

SIM access profile SAP not working

Lookout

Hello,

I have a Three Pay as you go SIM in a Galaxy S5 phone. It used to connect to my car radio (Becker Mexico 7948) on SIM access profile SAP without any issues but last May I noticed it was not working anymore. It seems to connect but incoming calls are diverted to the answering service and out going calls are not possible (No SIM inserted message). It is possible to connect the phone with the Becker on Hands free profile but that is pretty useless in comparison to SAP.

I have another SIM which is o2 so I tried it in the Galaxy, it connects on SAP with the Becker just fine so the problem is the Three SIM. I got a new Three SIM yesterday and got it registered this morning but the problem is still the same, no connection on SAP.

Any help would be appreciated. I would be prepared to switch back to o2 if necessary but as I said it was working ok on the Three SIM initially.

Best regards

Jim

Re: SIM access profile SAP not working

3 Moderator

Hey @spud1234 👋 I'll certainly get this checked out for you. As soon as I've an update, I'll pop back to you here 👍 Mairéad

Lookout
Thanks Mairéad

Hi @spud1234, were still looking into this for you. I'll update you as soon as I hear back from our team. 

Lookout
Martin, could it be possible that the SAP function has been omitted to make room for LTE and other features on the SIM.
For me the SAP function is more important than LTE.
Jim

Maestro

We have linked in with the relevant team about this and will get back to you with an update early next week.

Lookout
Thanks, that sounds good. I am not in a big hurry but would like to get it working again.
Jim

3 Moderator

Cheers Jim, have a good weekend 😊 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon

Top Discussions