Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Roaming

Anonymous
My phone says it's roaming when I'm in Ireland! My mobile data also says disconnected? How do I fix this?

Re: Roaming

Hi @Anonymous, that means that you're 'roaming' onto a 2G network, but you're not charged any extra for it.

What phone are you using? Can you make sure that your Network Selection is set to automatic? 

Anonymous

I get this issue too, and so does my wife. Sometimes I can't place a call unless I accept a message that says I may be charged for the call. Is is because the phone is switching to the O2 cell because the 3 coverage is so poor?

Hi @Anonymous, it does sound like your phone is 'roaming' onto 2G service, but you're not charged extra for this. Whereabouts are you and what phone are you using? 

This checklist on our Community may help you - Network or Coverage Issues?

Anonymous
Thanks Sheena, I have a HTC Desire 310, and my wife has a Sony E3. We have both had to enable data roaming in order to get service sometimes. I'm in Cork, but she's working in Dublin. Coverage is often patchy, even in the city centres

Thanks, you shouldn't have any issues in those areas. Can you make sure that the Network Mode and Network Selection are both set to Auto, and in the checklist above make sure that your APN settings are correct? Especially the Server setting, as that often causes that issue.

Anonymous

Sheena, everything is set to auto 2G/3G. I haven't had any problems today since switching Data Roaming option to 'On'.

Server, Port, Username and Password fields are 'not set' (i.e. blank) in the APN options.

Anonymous
Ok, have set the details as per the Checklist, and switched off Data Roaming. Will see if this cures the problem. Thanks for your help Sheena Smiley Wink

Perfect Smiley Happy Thanks @Anonymous, give a shout if you need anything else! 

Anonymous

Nope, looks like I need to have Data Roaming switched on, and I also got this message again...

Screenshot_2015-11-06-12-17-49.png

As you can see, the 'R' beside the signal strength means I'm roaming. I can only infer that this is because I'm not close enough to a 3 IRL cell tower, and am on O2 IRL instead. Why is this happening? It's ridiculous.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>