Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Re: RE: Android 8.0 / Oreo for Samsung S8

Scout
Got it on my S8 some weeks ago OTA.
Might seem silly but I'd make sure to check for updates manually, that's
what I had to do.

Lookout
Thanks, yea, I've been checking manually myself too

Maestro

@Sticks , glad to hear you got the update. Good idea as well on manually checking 👍

@smur89 - the update would have been sent OTA but if you haven't received this I'd suggest downloading through Samsung Kies. 

Highlighted

Re: RE: Android 8.0 / Oreo for Samsung S8+

Navigator

I own an S8+ and have been waiting patiently to receive a notification to update my device but it's not coming. I have tried to check it manually but I continuously receive a message which says "latest updates have been installed already". My device is running nougat and is on samsung experience 8.1. Security patch level is stuck on 1.8.17. When will my device receive its oreo update?

Posted From Generic Android 2.0

Re: RE: Android 8.0 / Oreo for Samsung S8+

3 Moderator

Hi @NC, I've just linked in with the relevant team on this to get more info but it may be Wednesday before they come back to me but as soon as they do, I'll come back to you here 😊 Susan 

Navigator
That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your efforts.

3 Moderator

Hey @NC 👋 I have some info on this for you. 

In relation to the Samsung S8 Plus, Android 8 (Oreo) for this handset has been available on the Three network since late March/early April 2018.
The latest approved software for this device is G955FXXU4CRL3 which has been approved and is currently in testing with Three. This should be available within the next 6 weeks or so. 

If it is the Android O update you are querying, can you type *#1234# into the S8 Plus and it will bring up the AP, BL CP and CSC of the phone and this will tell us the exact software if you can let me know this and I can pass the info back to the team to see why it has not been updated? 

Navigator
AP- G955FXXU1AQI7
CP- G955FXXU1AQG1
CSC- G955FOXM1AQI7
MODEL G955F
Posted From Generic Android 2.0

3 Moderator

@NC I've looked into this a little further with the info you've come back to me with and based on the info, it looks like you're using an unlocked phone that's not from Three. Can you confirm this? If this is the case, you are using what's called 'open market software' and because it's a non Three phone, I do not have access to check when the latest update will be available. 

Navigator
Yes its unlocked but I had thought that since I'm using a mobile line from
your service I could be assisted.

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>