Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Oneplus 5 Intermittent Internet

Lookout

Hi,

Ive had issues with internet on my Oneplus 5 ever since moving to three several months ago.   Internet services are very hit and miss, often even when the phone reports having a full signal for 4g. After reading around on the forum this morning I have disabled the 4g option and it seems to have improved somewhat but Id rather be able to utilise 4g if possible.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Colum

Re: Oneplus 5 Intermittent Internet

@cfoley  Is it everywhere with 4G or in one area. Are your internet settings correct? 

I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Lookout

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I *thought* I had the correct settings  but I found a post on this forum that had different settings and I've put them in now, I've switched back to 4g selection and ill see if it makes a difference.

It doesn't seem to be limited to just a particular location.

Lookout

Hi ,

Following up on this thread. After having the new settings for a few days now I can see it hasnt helped and the issue of intermittent internet is still persisting for me.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Colum

3 Community Manager

@cfoley Thanks for trying different settings. Are you still experiencing dips? When was the last time you updated your SIM? 

Lookout
Hi,

Yeah still experiencing issues, the sim is about a year old, from when I
first moved over.

Thanks
Colum

3 Community Manager

You mentioned earlier that this tends to happen in a few locations. This often indicates a faulty SIM or phone. Are you in a position to try your SIM in another phone, just to test this out? 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon