Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

New Galaxy S5 Won't Charge -solution from three?

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hiya.

I have a problem with both my phone and the options for solution three are providing and am hoping you can help.

I got my Galaxy S5 on upgrade at the end of March this year. Everything was fine up until last night when I went to charge my phone and it won't charge. When I plug it in (original charger) the lightening bolt comes up to show that it has connected but it just won't charge. I tried someone elses charger this morn and that won't work either. 

I brought it to you Three store in the Parkway and they plugged it in with their charger and the same again. Then I was told that it would have to go to a technician and therefore be sent away and that this would take 3-4 weeks. I then asked would they give me a replacement phone in the meantime as I need my phone for work and they said they couldn't as all replacement phones were being used by other customers at the moment. I checked the other two stores in Limerick and was told the exact same thing - no replacements available. So basically through no fault of my own and through an obvious fault with one of your products, I was offered no solution except to loose my use of a phone for up to a month (and still be expected to pay my monthly bill which I was also told!)

To say I am disappointed and angry is an understatement. At this stage I just want a replacement phone as I can't be without for that length of time and it's very unprofessional of three I think to attempt to offer this as a solution. Could someone from three please get back to me either here or email with either a solution to try and sort the phone myself or one that doesn't leave me phoneless for up to a month.

This is my first time posting to these boards so hope I am posting in the correct place.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks

Caroline

Highlighted

Re: New Galaxy S5 Won't Charge -solution from thre

Hi Caroline, sorry to hear about your phone, I know it's super frustrating to be left without it.

Can you send a PM with your details and I'll look into this for you?
Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon