Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Intermittently and randomly not receiving texts

Scout
Hi. I've noticed over the last few months that I'm not receiving certain texts, it seems very randomly from different networks and only intermittently... I do receive most texts sent to me, but it's very difficult to determine.

So I was already in contact with your network team, and the gentleman suggested I need to "monitor" texts I don't receive over the next few days, and then come back to them with dates, times and phone numbers they were sent from. If I don't receive the text, how am I supposed to know it has been sent to me, and how am I supposed to subsequently monitor it? Bit difficult, if not impossible. I've seen some people here got their SIM reset, or a network reset (?), and it seemed to have resolved the issue. I'd appreciate if someone could help me with this, I cannot monitor and provide dates and times and numbers for texts I've never received - people rarely ring me to let me know they've sent me a text and confirm that I've received it... 😉 thank you...
Posted From HTC One M8s

Chosen Solution

Re: Intermittently and randomly not receiving texts

Yeah bit hard to monitor that but what you could do is ask 2 of the people that you know you've missed texts from, to send you a couple of texts today for instance and find out the times from them so you can give them to that team you mentioned. Have you changed the SIM? Free SIM in any store but if it's intermittent and not from the same numbers then issue could easily be on the senders side or signal related or even phone realted. Try new SIM and see how you go for a while. That's as good as a network refresh if not better.

View solution in original post

Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1

All Replies To This Topic

Scout
Sorry, I'm in County Kerry, and my phone is a HTC One M8. Thank you...
Posted From HTC One M8s

Yeah bit hard to monitor that but what you could do is ask 2 of the people that you know you've missed texts from, to send you a couple of texts today for instance and find out the times from them so you can give them to that team you mentioned. Have you changed the SIM? Free SIM in any store but if it's intermittent and not from the same numbers then issue could easily be on the senders side or signal related or even phone realted. Try new SIM and see how you go for a while. That's as good as a network refresh if not better.
Posted From Huawei ANE-LX1
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>