Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Huawei P30, email setup for eircom.net address

Can someone help me with the settings I need to get access to my eircom.net emaill address on my Huawei P30, I have been able to set up my gmail account but when I try to setup the eircom.net address I get "Unable to complete. Couldn't connect to server."

Re: Huawei P30, email setup for eircom.net address

I think it's mail1.eircom.net as the outgoing and incoming. Try that.
I am not a Three employee. I'm just a little helper Smiley Happy

Have tried that but same response.

Thanks anyhow.

3 Community Manager

@MarcosGraveyard, Hi there, are you able to login to your Eircom email by going directly to the site and logging in through the "webmail" there? 

Hi Deborah,

Yes, no problem.

3 Community Manager

Have you been in contact with Eir ? 

Still not sorted on this issue.

Can receive emails from the eircom.net address's but cannot send any emails from them.

3 Community Manager

@MarcosGraveyard just going back to before, you mentioned that emails send/receive email through the webmail via the website. Is this still the case? 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Explorer

@MarcosGraveyard, have you checked the smtp setting for the email account? Usually your inbound mail will either be pop3 or imap however will still use smtp as the outgoing email connection.

Looking @ https://www.serversettings.email/eircom.net-email-server-settings-imap.php#android  are eircoms connection settings however usually you're email client of choice should tell you what the issue is (bad username/password, authentication issues with the server etc) 

Step 4: Enter the below outgoing SMTP Settings for EIRCOM.NET and click Select Next

• SMTP Server: mail1.eircom.net
  • Security type is None
  • Port is 25 for outgoing SMTP
    • Outgoing (SMTP) Secure - Port: 465 for and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
    • Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Secure - Port: 587 and Security Type: SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)
    • Outgoing (SMTP) - Port: 25 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)
    • Outgoing (SMTP roaming server) Insecure - Port: 587 and Security Type: None (Accept all certificates)

Edit: just looked on the 'new' eir.com webmail and it doesn't give much, and probably locked down the config settings. You'll probably have to login to the webmail portal to confirm the smtp settings. 

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon