Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!

Huawei GX8 (RIO-L01) Stuck

[ Edited ]
Lookout

My Huawei GX8 (RIO L01) is stuck where the login/unlock screen should be.

On startup it goes through the Huawei screen and the three logo, but when it gets to the screensaver where you normally log in it gets stuck. All it will do is lock/unlock the screen to show the screensaver. The power button works for restart.

I've tried wiping the cache partition and doing a factory reset. No change.

I've tried updating the firmware via SD card but it gets stuck at 0%.

But there are lots of different firmware versions depending on the EMUI version (which i can only see in the phone settings if the phone is working)

I've tried doing an 'eRecover' via wifi but it results in 'Getting package info failed'

I've tried using Huawei Suite, but it won't connect as I can't get to the phone settings.

So..

• What's the correct firmware version? And where can I get it?
  • Anything else I can try?

Re: Huawei GX8 (RIO-L01) Stuck

Leader

Hi LordEoin

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties in getting your phone sorted. Since the steps you've tried already haven't resolved the issue for you, the only other option would be to send the phone for analysis and repair. You can have it sent away from your local 3 store.

Thanks

Lisa

[ Edited ]
Lookout

does anyone know the correct firmware update version?

i can find many other versions for other carriers (eg vodaphone) but none for three

i also dont know the custom number

3 Moderator

Hi there 👏 I'm going to check this out for you and get back to you as soon as possible 👌 Deb

[ Edited ]
3 Moderator

Thanks for your patience Smiley Wink The latest approved software for the GX8 is RIO-LO1C368B330 and was approved by us on the 15/08/2017. I hope this helps 

Lookout

Thank you

Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>