Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: HTC 10 Shutting Down

Scout

I guess this isn't working now.

try this

Press and hold the Power key for a few seconds, if the phone won’t turn on, then…
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys together for 10 seconds.
The first procedure is supposed to turn the phone on normally while the second one is to force reboot the device in case the system crashed. These alone may bring your phone back to life provided that the problem was caused by some minor app or firmware glitches that may have left the device unresponsive.

However, if your HTC 10 still won’t turn on after doing those procedures, then try to see if it can power up and load its bootloader. Follow these steps…

If the phone is still on, turn it off.
Press and hold the Volume Down button.
Press and hold the Power key and when the phone vibrates, release it. (NOTE: If the phone won’t vibrate, then it may not be able to load its bootloader but keep trying.)
Continue holding the Volume Down button.
When a black screen with red and blue line of texts appears, release the Volume Down key.
Press the Volume Down button to highlight the option “reboot to bootloader” and press the Power key to confirm it.
When the white screen with colored texts appears, press the Volume Down button to highlight the option “BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE” and press the Power key to select it.

TVTAP  USTVNOW UkTVNow

Highlighted

Scout

Yes, I was also facing the same issue but fortunately I could able to fix it by following a very few simple instructions as I have provided them for you as well below.

Firstly, I have tried uninstalling the **bleep**ty apps and games that I have installed in the form of the Modded Apk files from third party sites and owners but the problem is not resolved. Then I have tried making changes to the core files at root level by using the TWRP Recovery Mode. For that, I have installed TWRP project on my smartphone. Now, Shutdown your device normally, and Press Power Button + Volume Up button and Home button at the same time and hold it till your device get vibrated. Once vibrated, leave the power button, and still hold the volume up button and the home button. Now, use the power button of your android device to choose the recovery mode as we are actually trying to choose the TWRP recovery mode. Once choosen, install any app or use your device in recovery mode without getting any kind of issues. 

Even if the issue is not yet resolved, simply update the operating system of your Android device to the most recent version (latest version). It resolved my issue and I hope you will also be able to resolve the issue with this.

UKTVNow Apk Magisk Manager GHD Sports PC

Scout

Yes. I read the threads on XDA. Seems many people have the same problem.

Regards, Jos

Legend
How long have you had the phone?

Posted From Sony H8266

I have done a Factory Reset but the problem is still there. I see on internet forums that many people have this problem. Can you help me in any way?

Thanks & Regards,

Rahu US

3 Moderator

Hi Rahu

It sounds like your phone might need to be sent off to our repair technicians. If you bring it to your local 3 store, my colleagues will be able to help you with this 😊

Thanks

Lisa

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>