Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HTC 10 Shutting Down

Lookout

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks my HTC 10 has been shutting down and boot looping. It won't turn on unless the charger is plugged in. This started happening at about 40% charge. Then at 50% and now it is shutting down at 60%. 

I have done a Factory Reset but the problem is still there. I see on internet forums that many people have this problem. Can you help me in any way?

Thanks.

Re: HTC 10 Shutting Down

3 Moderator

Hi Paudie 👋 How long do you have your phone? You can bring your phone to any 3 store and we'll arrange to send it for repair. Take a look here 👉 https://bit.ly/2ogF2RH  👍

Legend

I would try to backup the phone and see if theres a software update that may fix your phone.

Also have you installed any new apps lately? Try uninstalling them to see if that helps

Legend

Had a look on XDA, it seems to be that the battery is faulty so backup the phone and bring it back to where you got it to get it fixed.

Lookout

I have the phone since Feb'17 so I assume that I am out of warranty. Smiley Frustrated

Lookout

Yes. I read the threads on XDA. Seems many people have the same problem 

Legend

Yip, 2 years from HTC.

http://dl4.htc.com/Web_materials/Manual/Warranty/Android/1015_A_WarrantyCard_76x126.pdf?_ga=2.743940...

You could chance going to a phone shop and asking them to change the battery for you.

Again BACKUP everything before you go.

Or maybe its time to treat yourself to a new phone....

Lookout

So I'm still in warranty if they give 2 years

Highlighted

Legend

Yip, it shouldnt cost you anything if you get it repaired through the proper channels.

i.e. drop it into a three shop or send directly to a HTC authorized phone repair company

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>