Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
Highlighted

4G Speed slows down can't use internet properly.

Scout

I am using Samsung s8+ and around 6pm to about 1 in the morning my internet speed slows down a lot and is very unstable.

It takes a long time to load web site, youtube videos and I can't even have a normal whats up call (it's fine for a few minutes then it all breaks then it's fine again and so on).

My speed is usually around 40mbits and around 5 in the morning it goes to 60mbits but during the mentioned times it's around 2mbits but very unstable hence the whats up breaking up.

I tried this:

Edited Access Point as advised by your support agents & your in store employees.

Tried switching to 3g only (same thing).

Tried it on two different mobile phones, got a replacement SIM card, called your phone support numerous times and chatted to your chat support on a bunch of occasions.

Last time I was told you were going to open a case for technical support but the following day I got a phone call while I was working and was unable to answer (09:05 am).

Followed by an email saying it there is no problems.

I understand there will be slower times when your network is under stress (get more cell towers if you have that many users) but 2mbits is not even 3g...

I would like to be able to call home after work or watch a youtube video in proper resolution and not stare at a blank screen while everything is loading.

It also doesn't matter where I am. Went to your store on Patrick street, Cork same thing as where I live (which is about 12 min walk from there). Also I was told that your coverage is great on my home address.

Please provide me with some help as this is certainly not acceptable.

Re: 4G Speed slows down can't use internet properly.

3 Community Manager

Hi Dino, thanks for reaching out to us here and welcome to the 3Community. I appreciate that you've done a bit of troubleshooting with your phone. I'd like to have a closer look at your account and the investigation. Can you PM me your number, full name, address and date of birth, please? Deb

Re: 4G Speed slows down can't use internet properly.

Scout

PM-ed.

Announcements

At Three we are updating our systems to make your 3Community experience even better. From Friday the 24th of January, the forum.three.ie community will become read-only in preparation for launching a new and improved 3Community later this year

All our useful tips and information can still be viewed in the posts and blogs. Once the new 3Community is ready to go, you will be the first to know. If you are a current member and need help during this time, you can still drop us a private message or alternatively contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for all your contributions to 3Community and we are excited to welcome you to your new 3Community soon

Top Discussions