Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Our staff are currently offline, but you can use the community 24/7
Remember to accept a reply to your question as the answer!
  • Three_Steve
  • 02-11-2016

Three Recycle gadgets

by on ‎02-11-2016 11:46 AM - last edited on ‎28-05-2019 04:26 PM by 3 Community Manager (2,621 Views)

Three Recycle.jpg

We now offer a recycling service for everyone, even if you’re not a Three customer.

If you have a few old gadgets like phones, MP3 players or Sat Navs you could make some money by using Three Recycle. Three Recycle is a scheme which enables anyone to recycle their old handset for cash. For every handset recycled, Three also makes a donation to our charity partner, Jigsaw.

Jigsaw is the National Centre for Youth Mental Health, committed to bringing about an Ireland where every young person’s mental health is valued and supported. Jigsaw is a primary care mental health service offering free, accessible, timely, impactful mental health supports for young people aged 12-25 with emerging mild to moderate mental health issues.

What is it?

If your gadget is in good working order it’ll be tidied up before being sold on at a reduced price.

The gadgets are mainly sold in developing countries.

Devices that can’t be repaired are sent to be "end of life" recycled. The precious metals and other components that can be reused are extracted and any remaining materials are smelted for energy recovery.

Three is committed to complying with the WEEE directive. Where possible Three will ensure the reuse of old mobiles. If this isn’t possible, we’ll make sure they’re 100% recycled.

How do I avail of this service?

For full details on how to recycle your phone go to https://recycle.three.ie/

If you have further questions, check out our FAQ here or comment below.

Comments
by Anonymous
on ‎02-11-2016 02:52 PM
I have a samsung galaxy note 7 for you that your company refuse to take back.
by
on ‎03-11-2016 04:03 PM

Hey @Anonymous, our stores are taking back Samsung Note 7's and will provide a loan phone while you're waiting for your refund to process. Once you've received your refund we will call you to discuss a suitable alternative handset. 

We apologise if this comes as an inconvenience, we are working hard to ensure all our customers are given a fair return option.

If you've any questions PM me and I can take a closer look.

by rgdiv
on ‎26-09-2019 11:06 PM

Hi Three, 

I have a bunch of old iPhone 4 phones, are these worth anything? They're not listed on the recycle page so i'm assuming they're too old but would they be worth anything to donate? Would a local 3 store accept them?

Thanks!

by
on ‎27-09-2019 03:06 AM
Hmmm no I don't think stores will accept. Don't think they are worth anything to be honest
by Legend
on ‎27-09-2019 10:15 AM

You could bring them into a Cex shop and you might get something for them

see here for locations

https://ie.webuy.com/

by rgdiv
on ‎01-10-2019 12:27 PM

Grand, i tried CEX a while back, they weren't interested in taking them (couldn't understand that i didn't want anything for them) and insisted that they needed chargers and cables for them too. Thanks Mac_n_Cheese and billbond4.

I've looked around and nobody seems to be accepting these as donations anymore either so it's off to the WEEE recyclers they go!

by Legend
on ‎01-10-2019 07:38 PM
That's a pity, you could always throw up an ad on adverts.ie and sell it all together, but its a bit of hassle
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>