Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
  • Three_Sheena
  • 27-02-2015

Adult Content Filter: How to Turn Off

by on ‎27-02-2015 12:25 PM - last edited on ‎02-07-2019 04:19 PM by 3 Community Manager (434,911 Views)

Blog - Turn Off Adult Content Filter.jpg

We understand that mobile phones are part of daily life, and to help young people enjoy these services safely we provide internet filters to limit access to material that may not be suitable. This filter is automatically applied for prepay customers.

Customers who are over 18 can request for this age restriction to be removed. All you need to do is contact our Live Webchat team here with your account details.

Please note: If contacting the chat team on a desktop, you must have the Pop-Ups blocker disabled. If the blocker is enabled then the Chat Pop-Up box will not work

Once we have verified your age, we'll remove the filter. It can take 24 hours to complete

If you have a bill pay account, the filter is not applied as you need to be at least 18 to open this account type. However, if you’d like to have the filter applied to a bill pay account then feel free to contact us and we can help.

If you would like more information on internet safety visit our website where we have tips and guides for safe and sensible internet use. For information on keeping your children safe on their phones, see here

Comments
by
on ‎30-11-2015 09:15 AM

Hi @Anonymous, it sounds like it could be the Adult Content Filter - Adult Content Filter - but I assure you that this is nothing related to LGBT content. The filter picks up on certain words or images, so that site could be filtered by mistake.

Follow the instructions at that link to get the filter lifted if you're over 18, and if you send me a PM with the site URL that you were trying to access, we can assess it to make sure that it's not being blocked by mistake.

by Anonymous
on ‎10-12-2015 12:37 PM
How do I remove the filter on my account
by
on ‎10-12-2015 12:53 PM

Hi Shane,

You can remove the filter by filling in the form here - http://www.three.ie/contact-us/. Choose 'Account Set Up' and 'Removing mobile filters on the Internet' from the drop down boxes. Make sure to include your name, address and date of birth and the team will email you for a pic of your passport/drivers licence. If you need anything else be sure to pop back to me here.

Thanks,

Bob

by Anonymous
on ‎10-12-2015 01:05 PM
Hi again sorry to bother you but it doesn't gimme any place to enter my name address and date of birth like you said it just gives me options as of what to do and I've tried them.. When I entered account set up and then remove filter it just gave the option of email customer care or go on three.ie I email the link but it said its no longer in use and gave me a link back to the page again round in circles I'm going haha
by
on ‎10-12-2015 01:50 PM

No worries Shane. If you send the copy of your photo ID as an attachment on that email, then it will be picked up and the filter removed. It takes about 24 hours to complete. Be sure to pop back to me here if you need anything else- I'm only too happy to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Bob

by Anonymous
on ‎13-12-2015 01:19 PM
Where is this link to get the filter lifted?
by
on ‎14-12-2015 12:31 PM

Hi 4cahir4,

Just replied to your PM there. If you need anything else, be sure to let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

by Anonymous
on ‎15-12-2015 12:54 PM

I have emailed proof and still have got no reply.

by
on ‎15-12-2015 01:00 PM

No worries, @Anonymous.

Did you send the proof of ID as an attachment on your email.

Thanks,

Bob

by Anonymous
on ‎15-12-2015 01:01 PM
yes i did. twice i sent it
Announcements

Hi and Welcome to the 3Community. Stay awhile and have a look around. If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so.

Click here to see a guide on getting started.

Register now >>