Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

iPhone 6s battery & headphone jack

[ Edited ]
Scout

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 6S on billpay in June from 3 in Liffey Valley. I know iPhone batteries are notoriously awful and had expected the iPhone to practically turn into a landline after 18 or so months.

I was told on good authority from friends with this phone that this battery was good and actually lasted in comparison to the others so went ahead and took a chance in June.

It started off perfect, lasting the whole day without needing to be charged but for the last month or so, by the time I get into work, it has already lost 50%. That is just from general scrolling through instagram, facebook and whatsapp.

Is it possible that the battery could be faulty? It just seems absolutely ridiculous that the battery would fail so quickly and die from so little use. 

Also, the phone thinks that there are headphones plugged into it. I've checked and there is nothing in the jack or no damage done.

I should add that this phone has never been dropped or had water damage

Hope you can help! 

Chosen Solution

Re: iPhone 6s battery & headphone jack

3 Staff

Hi Kate1992, it sounds like the phone is faulty and will need to be sent off to our repair team to be assessed. The repair will be free if there is no physical pr water damage to the phone as it will be covered by it's 12 months warranty. Do you have insurance on the phone? You could also make a claim if you'd like. 

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Re: iPhone 6s battery & headphone jack

3 Staff

Hi Kate1992, it sounds like the phone is faulty and will need to be sent off to our repair team to be assessed. The repair will be free if there is no physical pr water damage to the phone as it will be covered by it's 12 months warranty. Do you have insurance on the phone? You could also make a claim if you'd like. 

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>