Accepted Solution

Unlock code held hostage

Lookout
I requested an unlock code via the online form but I was rejected for an unspecified reason. When I used the web chat option I was made to jump through hoops (asking for my last dialled number in the past 7 days, when I had not dialled any) only to be told that a request would be sunbmitted on my behalf. This was lat Friday. It is now Wednesday and still no unlock code. Although my phone was bought outright and I was pay as you go customer. My number has already been cleared for porting. So I don't understand why three keeps holding my phone hostage while I am already paying for another provider.
Posted From Apple iPhone

Chosen Solution

Re: Unlock code held hostage

Solution
Accepted by topic author cordovez
‎15-05-2017 06:10 PM

You posted the details publicly. Can you send me a PM with the details, please? Click here.

View solution in original post

All Replies To This Topic

Leader
Depending on the who made the phone will depend how long it takes to get the unlock code. Sometimes, it may take up to 20 days.
Posted From Nokia Lumia 930
Highlighted

Legend
It's always good practice to get the unlock code before porting.
If you had an insurance claim or a replacement handset it can take longer

Posted From Sony E5823

Hey @cordovez 👋 @TetraxSonic and @billbond4 are correct, there are many factors as to why you may not get the unlock code immediately. What type of phone are you unlocking? Mairéad

Lookout
I'm using an iPhone se

Once a code is requested to Apple we have to wait for them to unlock the phone. can you PM your details and I'll follow this up for you? 

[ Edited ]
Lookout

EDIT@ removed details from public view

Solution
Accepted by topic author cordovez
‎15-05-2017 06:10 PM

You posted the details publicly. Can you send me a PM with the details, please? Click here.

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
User Kudos Count
Top Liked Posts
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter