Explorer

Re: Outgoing web mail server issue with iPhone 7 plus

I'm iPhone 5, going to Cellular Data (no mobile data option) changing cellular data APN (again no mobile data) to 3internet but nothing doing re emails - not sending 😡
@Three_Bob any ideas?
Posted From Apple iPhone

[ Edited ]

@SusanC, can you PM your details (number address and DOB) and I'll look into this for you. Can you also send me what internet provider you use and also the app that you're working through? 

You can give us feedback by taking a survey.
It pops up on the bottom left hand side of your screen.
Need to send me a PM? Click here.
Pre-order the new Galaxy S8
Lookout

Hi mate,

it was me who sent the abuse, i thought they worked for three.

I just wanted a resolution and after 6 weeks with no email, I was hoping they would ring me to admonish and I could resolve it. My business has suffered.

20 + hours wasted with tech support.

Thanks for the solution.

Ill PM fiona and say sorry.
Explorer

I did all this yesterday and received a text yesterday at 12.50pm to say it was being investigated further and I'd be updated in 24 hours. I've heard nothing yet. Cannot reply to the text. I know if I call 1913 I will have to go through the whole rigmarole again. I've wasted too much time trying to get this resolved. The fix posted (by a customer) hasn't worked for me. Can this be followed up. This service just isn't good enough.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

@Susan I think I've a 5 also at home. I'll switch sims and see if I can apply my fix using the 5's layout. Might be a day or two before I have any news but I'll let you know on this thread.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

Thanks but please don't go to any trouble, Three should be sorting this. I've sent screen shots of my APN etc
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

@Three_ Karen; @Three_Bob; @Three_Fiona

Please see attached Screenshot received at 12.49pm on Wednesday from your "tech team" following reference from here - "we'll update you in the next 24 hours". Its 9am on Friday, I have heard nothing, cannot reply to the text and have heard nothing from message posted here yesterday. It's curious that the tab of this thread says *solved*. Er, no. 

This service is just not good enough. In fact, it's crap. I've been told that the constant requesting of name/DOB/ etc etc (which I've supplied more than once) is just a delaying tactic.  This would certainly appear to be the case. I presume a text to say "we'll update you" is more of the same.

I refuse to ring 1913 to have to go through the whole issue again, and if I had to do that it's pretty likely I'll end up shouting at someone.  It's now over 2 weeks since I posted on this forum (having had the issue for well over a week before that).

So, when I get in from work later I will be posting to Facebook and Twitter regarding the service (or rather lack of) and also contacting Comreg with regard to lack of 1) service and 2) response. 

I used to champion Three regarding price and service etc but recently cancelled our Broadband, cancelled my monthly billpay (due to your breach of contract re. pricing) and it looks like will now be cancelling my SIM only. Way to go to treat a customer of over 10 years.

Susan

17690398_10210587006545866_1488586540_n.jpg

Highlighted
Explorer

@Susan

Just to clear up one item in your comments.
It was myself who changed the status of the thread to 'Solved'. I assume because I was the one to create the thread, I had the power to change it which I duly did because of the fact I was able to send emails again. I don't think I have an option to reverse this action unfortunately but as promised, will play with 5 settings over the weekend.
With you 100% on the service though.
Explorer

Thanks @DJK29, still no response from any Three representative on this forum. Received another text though - this time saying I would be updated in two working days! I was cross so called 1913 (even though I said I wouldn't) and while the guy who spoke to me made sympathetic noises he obviously couldn't do anything 😡😡
Posted From Apple iPhone

Hi SusanC, this is still being worked on at the moment. We'll update you as soon as this is resolved. 

You can give us feedback by taking a survey.
It pops up on the bottom left hand side of your screen.
Need to send me a PM? Click here.
Pre-order the new Galaxy S8
Lookout

Mail error appearing again today? Cannot send mails again. Server not responding. Very frustrating
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

@gerry. Just tried to send an email and no error thrown. Sent folder shows mail has gone.
Kill your wifi connection on the phone, try putting the old setting, go back out and then input new settings again and finally do a shutdown/ restart of the phone. That's all I can suggest trying.
Lookout

That worked
Explorer

@SusanC  Black smoke I'm afraid. Tried using the daughters 5C over the weekend but had to use my own SIM in order to get into the Mobile data options. Couldn't even get the phones cover off it was that tight. Tried prizing it off but I can see the glass is beginning to come away so I had to bail out in case I'd damage the phone. Can't proceed any further here to help you. Suggest on e of the 3mods could see if they have a '5' hanging around the office and see if they can get some closure on this.

Explorer

Thanks for trying anyway @DJK29, appreciate it. I tinkered with it over w/end but nothing doing. And, just now, another text from Three basically saying exact same as last one and kicking it on for another 2 days 😡
Posted From Apple iPhone
Explorer

Had to call 1913 again after still no response - received a text with a 'fix' unfortunately whoever sent it hadn't looked at the screenshots I'd sent as I don't seem to have half the options they've referred to. The fix came by text - which I can't reply to. I had to hold for nearly 30 mins for 1913 this morning, not doing that again. Have sent screenshots of the 'fix' to Three Care on Twitter. It should not be this bloody difficult to get a fix for this. Joke.
Posted From Apple iPhone