Explorer
Accepted Solution

Outgoing web mail server issue with iPhone 7 plus

Is there an issue with Three's email servers?

Upgraded from a 6 plus to a 7 plus only recently and now cannot send emails from the handset. Outgoing server is set to 'mail-relay.3ireland.ie'. No SSL and have tried using ports 25 and 587. Anytime I try to send or reply to a mail, I get 'Connection to outgoing server mail-relay.3ireland failed'.

This is the same setting as was used on the 6 plus.

It's an eircom.net email account.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Lookout

Re: Outgoing web mail server issue with iPhone 7 plus

I'm having the same exact problem only In the last week and I've a iPhone 6 Plus
Posted From Apple iPhone

Hi folks, we're aware some customers are having issues with this. Our tech team are working to get this resolved. 

You can give us feedback by taking a survey.
It pops up on the bottom left hand side of your screen.
Need to send me a PM? Click here.
Pre-order the new Galaxy S8
Explorer

Is there any update on this - problem for over a week now. iPhone 5 on with eircom.net email. It's a real nuisance.

Staff

Hi Susan, thanks for your patience on this. I can assure you our technology team are working to get this up and running again as quickly as possible. 

Explorer

Any further update on this? I can see from other users it's going on for a number of weeks now. I've tried adjusting settings etc. When will this be sorted? I use email pretty much exclusively on phone and this is a huge nuisance
Posted From Apple iPhone

Hi Susan, we still don't have an update on this. It's being looked into at the moment. 

Explorer

Not happy 😡
Posted From Apple iPhone

We'll update you through here as soon as we have an update for you. 

Hi SusanC, we are still looking into this at the minute with our tech team. I'll pop back to you once I've an update. 

Staff

Hi Susan, can you PM your number please when you get a chance? I want to change some settings at this end. 

Explorer

[ Edited ]

Hi, it's xxx xxxxxxx. Thank you.

Edited due to personal details

Posted From Apple iPhone

You've posted this publicly @SusanC so I've edited it here. Can you send it on to me in a PM?

Explorer

Fiona, Bob, is there a valid reason why you have haven't bothered to attempt to contact/ change the settings for the person who actually initiated the thread in the first place? I logged this call 12 days ago after having the issue for over a week. I've been more than patient so far. As a long term customer with 3, it is appalling that my complaint is being overlooked here. I shall have no other option now but to ring your customer service line tomorrow and complain bitterly to one of your colleagues, further wasting their time and p!ssing them off.
I've spent €500 on a new handset over the past 4 weeks and am now paying €60 pm for the pleasure of using your network. One of the worlds most basic methods of electronic communication does not work now on this state of the art device and nobody in 3 seems to be the slightest bit interested/ motivated to actually fix this. Each time I use the online chat interface, I am invited to comment on how good the service is. Well I'm crashing the party now to let you know it's a one star review.
I'm extremely disappointed with the response to this and will further air my views on this tomorrow.
We're talking basic email settings here lads. Nothing on YOUR website advises to use any other setting except for 'mail-relay.3ireland.ie'.
Exceptionally disappointed
Posted From Apple iPhone

Hi DJK29, can you send me a PM with your number, name, address and date of birth, please? I'll look into this further for you. 

Highlighted
Explorer

PM sent
Posted From Apple iPhone
Scout

I can't use my 4g to send emails. Can you explain to me (in very simple terms) what I need to do please. Using iPhone 6 and have hotmail email.
Posted From Apple iPhone
Lookout

Did you get a solution here... having the same issue

Explorer

I've already (after 10 years) cancelled my monthly three bill and gone SIM only, looks like I'll need to consider a new provider altogether. Why hasn't this issue been sorted? I'm in the middle of trying to apply for 3rd level accommodation for my son and can't send emails, not to mention emails for work etc. Everytime I try to send I get a message that mail-relay@3ireland is the problem. Please don't say it's 'being looked into'. Have heard that before - less looking, more fixing please
Posted From Apple iPhone
Lookout

I have been a 3 customer for 9 years and am also going to go SIM only and cancel my contract with 18 months to go until I decide where else to go. I am fed up with the poor service and calling a tech support line that haven't a clue about their own services.

In this day and age email is a basic necessity and something I can't do without any longer.