New Apple Watch LTE support

Lookout

Apple announced a new Apple Watch last night with LTE support. Three wasn't listed as one of the networks to support it. Are there any plans to? Any updates as to when this might happen?

Also interested to know if it would require a new data plan, or if it can be connected to consume the data allowance I get with pre-paid.

Highlighted

Re: New Apple Watch LTE support

Legend

I didnt think cellular iwatches were being released in Ireland?

Legend

you could buy another sim for the watch but then you will have 2 numbers

Lookout

I thought they were releasing them everywhere. Would make sense as if a provider comes on board (through a contract or whatever), then that means bringing in a whole new shipment every time a form is signed.

Either way, they are going to be available in the UK and 3 UK wasn't listed. I was assuming that if 3 UK were to support them, that 3 Ireland would get it based on that too.

Legend

The network will need to support eSIMs first. I dont believe any irish operators support eSims

Never assume that becuase a uk operator does something that its irish counterpart will do the same in a similar time scale.

Lookout

... anyway, the question was if there is any info from 3 Ireland as to when they might start supporting it. I'd like to get one but don't want multiple sims or roaming on, would like to be able to plan for it

3 Moderator

Hi @simoncml, we’ve no more info on this at the moment, but it is something we’re looking into.

Legend

I have a feeling eSims wont be on the Irish markets until 5G gets rolled out

Haven't found your answer? Start a new topic or
Search the Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Top Liked Authors
User Kudos Count
Hot Topics
How to turn off the Adult Content Filter