Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data roaming not working abroad (Greece)

Scout

My iPhone 6 data roaming is switched on but for some reason it is not working abroad.

My girlfriend who has a spanish SIM have no problem with her data roaming, she has 3g with Cosmote, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Re: Data roaming not working abroad (Greece)

3 Moderator

Hi there 👋 Can you switch your 4G off, and manually select a network? If you could send me on your full name, number, address and date of birth in a private message and I'll follow this up?

Scout

Hi, I tried switching off 4G with no success. I could connect using WIND with 3G in Athens but now I'm in Kastraki and with COSMOTE my girlfriend still gets 3G but I just can connect manually using WIND with gprs connection and doesn't work well even with WhatsApp.

Is there any way to connect to COSMOTE using a THREE simcard? it seems to be the network more reliable here in Greece.

3 Moderator

What options pop up when you manually select a network? Can you try them and let me know how you get on?

Navigator

Hello, 

I have the same problem in Greece. My samsung S6 roaming is switched on but for some reason is not working abroad.

I already tried to: 

- Reset network settings

- Remove sim card 

- Restart phone 

The carrier in Greece is Wind. 

Can you please help on this? 

Best

3 Moderator

Hi @mihchalis, is it data or calls and texts that are affected? What options come up when you manually select a network?

Navigator
Hello,

Data is affected. How can I choose network?

3 Moderator

What type of phone are you using?

Navigator
Samsung S6

##- Please type your reply above this line -
​​
##

Legend

whats the apn?

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>